Just a little rant lol :)

Options
I am on a 1200 cal/ per day diet and I am telling you it is so hard. There are so many temptations out there. If I eat a candy bar or drink my favorite sweet tea that almost one of my meals gone! I understand that exercise plays a key factor I am slowly but surely getting my self into exercising again.. but really I am not sure how I am doing it, let alone others out there. I mean it seems like every 5 feet there is a fast food joint or something unhealthy to snack on! Its everywhere and its so hard not to give in. And a serving size (now that I am measuring my food) isnt very big at all. I know I have no room to gripe because I only had 20 lbs to lose and in the grand scheme of things that isnt very much and I am already to my half way point. I mean its totally worth it but Im just saying it so hard!!! I guess anything worth having is worth fighting for and my health is definately one of those things. I have to tell you it was so much easier eating what I wanted to and not exercising, but I am tired of feeling unattractive. My mission now is to buy a bathing suit two to three sizes below what I am now and hang it on my wall in hopes that by summer I will be fitting into it!!! Good luck to everyone out there who is going through the same thing I am!! Its hard and it sucks but the rewards are plenty:wink:

Replies

• amysambora
    Options
    Feel free to rant - we all need to! No matter how big or small your goal, making a lifestyle change is never easy. I'm one who started with 20lbs to lose as well, and in some ways it's tougher for us because the weight comes off MUCH slower than if we had a lot to lose. You've really gotta watch every single thing you put in your mouth! But like you say, it's worth it. Don't give in now that you've reached your halfway mark...keep going! Hang that bathing suit on the wall and you will get there!!!
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I always tell people, unlike quitting crack, fast food is readily available no matter what you do, where you go or you who know. You can lose a dealer or connection, but you can't lose a burger king.

In my opinion horrible food is just as addictive and even worse to quit as drugs. The struggle will never end. You can look forward to your strength getting stronger and knowing that if you slip, there are those out there/here to help pick you back up again.

I was told by a therapist that support in weight loss is the most important thing. doing it alone is extremely difficult. So, take a deep breath and if that doesn't work, read the ingredients labels. that almost always freaks me out a little :)
  • momwifenurse021406
    momwifenurse021406 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Amen to that!!! Fast food is addicting. Its easy and it taste great!! And its much cheaper than buying fruits and vegatables at the grocery store, especially if you order off the dollar menu. It doesnt help that I now live in West Virginia the fattest state in the fattest country in the world! I have lived in several states and it just seems like healthy options were more abundant in other places then they are here. The nearest health food store is almost 100 miles away and I dont live in backwoods WV.. I live near two of the bigger cities in WV...
  • amysambora
    Options
    Wow, that would make things so much tougher for you. I never thought about location in regards to weight loss. I'm from a smallish regional town in Australia that prides itself on its fresh local produce. It's very easy to get healthy foods for good prices here. You have done so well to get as far as you have! Keep it up!