Not New but reborn and looking for friends

Options
Hi All,

ive been on MFP since may 2013, i didnt really use it properly though, i only logged on days i thought id eaten right and skipped those days i thought would be bad.

cut a long story short ive lost the same 15 pounds 5 times now which is silly.

i Now feel more motivated then ever and im looking for more friends who are active and can keep me accountable.

send me a friend request if you want some support or reply and i will add you.

finally feel ready to do this properly

Replies

• Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You post sounds so familiar! I lost 68lbs a little over a year ago and have now put 30+ back on. I decided to get serious about losing this and keeping it off 10 days ago. I am also guilty of only logging when it looked good.

I try to keep my "diet" real. I don't eat only diet foods, I eat what I want but in lesser portions. Portion control has been my major issue, well that and chocolate.

I need to exercise! I know I do but haven't got the motivation to do that yet. I am hoping that as I lose a little it will come. At least I am thinking about it more often now. I need someone to help me stay not only accountable to logging but to help me figure out the happy medium between hating to exercise and needing to.

Add me if you think we can be of help to each other.

Brenda
  • jacksonkm2001
    jacksonkm2001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi There,

Your story sounds very similar to mine! I have been a member since about 2011 and started with gusto but then just logged in on the good days. Have been back on for about a week now and glad to say, doing a good job and feeling totally motivated to persevere this time around. By all means please feel free to add me.
  • tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    any more for any more? id like to grow my network of dieters
  • Gagirl79
    Gagirl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of this also!! But now that I have been diagnosed with asthma and I can truly tell that this is affecting my health I am back in! I am too close to my all-time high weight which was 176. I am currently 170.5 and need to lose at least 30 pounds on this short frame of 5 foot 1. Please add I need all the motivation I can get!!
  • Sweetvirgo63
    Sweetvirgo63 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that, and still there - lol. It seems I'm always losing the same 15-20 lbs. I'm hoping that this time, I'll figure out how to keep it off for more than 2 years. What I love about having the MFP app on my phone is that I can use it offline.
  • maryg9
    maryg9 Posts: 5
    Options
    I fall in this category as well. I have tried to do MFP for a few years not and I failed every time. i know I have put on some weight but yesterday was the first time I weighed myself in a very long time. Oh boy, that hit me really hard. Now I am back and ready to take charge of my life. This time I won't fail