Tough day...

Options
Well, technically I suppose it was yesterday. Which makes me remind myself, today is a new day!

Anyway, yesterday was really rough for me. It started out when my scale refused to work. I thought I'd be okay with not knowing how much I weigh but towards the end of the day I freaked out. Every time I ate something it really bothered me. To make a long day a short post, I pretty much did what my husband calls "reverse eating" and that means, I threw up.

It was depressing how I let all of my imaginary stuff in my head get to me!! I mean, like reverse eating a salad with fat free dressing...sounds really really stupid now that I stop and think of it. Anyway, I am concerned that the calorie counter and exercise diary and all might be starting to get to me on here. I love all the support and friendliness people show on MFP though!

Tough day, tough decisions...I can't decide whether or not MFP is still good for me or not =/

Replies

• wannalose25
    wannalose25 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    that''s tough! calorie counting can be overwhelming. we'll miss you if you leave
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Focus on the calories you're eating, but forget the scale. Your weight can naturally fluctuate from day to day so you are beating yourself up over nothing if you are checking it every day (or several times a day as it sounds). Once a week will let you know if you are progressing. You need patience, for it is a long slow journey.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I'm with you about the scale thing. I have a Tanita scale and I'm not sure it's actually working properly though I just got 2 brand new batteries for it. I saw a scale at Costco for ww but it was not attractive, and this Tanita scale is really nice looking....sigh. Maybe I'll just buy a new Tanita scale? Don't know what to do at this point.....I actually need one for the wo program I'm doing.
  • hazbrunette07
    Options
    Im like you in the weighing myself constantly but I have realized that I get myself down if I am constantly fretting over my fluctuating weight. As long as you keep putting your calories in here you should be fine! Just keep trying!
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    I weigh myself all the time but I dont let the scale dominate me.

Use the scale as a guidance only dont let it own you or get you down.

Stay strong.