51 and making a change

Options
Hello.
I am 51 years old and looking to lose weight without to much exercise say 2 times a week in the gym on a running machine and rowing machine, any tips.

Chris:smile:

Replies

• sarahcox08
    sarahcox08 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    plan your meals and stick to the plan :) the food diary on this site is fantastic and has REALLY made a difference to me. I can't get to the gym because I have a 5 month old baby so I just rely on walks to the park and healthy eating, and have found that if I plan out my days food before I start putting it in my mouth it is much easier. Best of luck :)
  • chriscaulton
    chriscaulton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks and will do.
    Cheers
    Chris
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Keep motivated... eating right and exercising when you can.
  • chriscaulton
    chriscaulton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Now 54 and have been doing bits and bobs to keep fit over the last few years.

This year Jan 2013 i have bought a fitbit and lost 1 stone and 3 lbs just walking and using this site. I was then stuck on the same weight so deceided to start insanity and still do my steps etc using fitbit, only done up to day 6 and lost another 1lb. i eat up to 1800 calories a day but then exercise down to 1500, well i do my best, this is my best year so far.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hmm, exercise is key, the more muscle you have the better you can burn up those calories.. My husband is 51 and he works out 5-6 days a week, weightlifting & cardio, he is done to 14 % bodyfat, and we eat really clean 95% of the time, also add in some protein shakes, twice a day...
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    If you are short of time, in addition to your two gym sessions and sticking to your calorie plan, add in press-ups every day. Not sure how many you can do now, but if you stick to it you'll find you'll improve pretty quickly, and it will make a great difference.

Also, its easy to fit them in time-wise
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    51 as well! We can do this if we stick together. Feel free to add me!