feeling discouraged

Options
I have only been at it a little over 2 weeks and my second weigh in I lost one pound. Im feeling discouraged because I was working out two times a day more then my first week.. Now im happy that I lost but i really want to lose in my waist line and it just continues to stay the same!! Any suggestions on exercises or food that can help me lose in my stomach!! Suggestions appreciated! Thank you

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    1. Losing a pound a week is great, especially if you only have 15 to lose
    2. You can't spot reduce, just continue to eat at a deficit and start lifting to help out
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    1. Losing a pound a week is great, especially if you only have 15 to lose
    2. You can't spot reduce, just continue to eat at a deficit and start lifting to help out

QFT.

Losing weight takes patience. Especially if you have 15 or less lbs to lose. Patience.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I have only been at it a little over 2 weeks and my second weigh in I lost one pound. Im feeling discouraged because I was working out two times a day more then my first week.. Now im happy that I lost but i really want to lose in my waist line and it just continues to stay the same!! Any suggestions on exercises or food that can help me lose in my stomach!! Suggestions appreciated! Thank you

Are you logging your food? If so, how are you measuring?

Calorie deficit and time.
  • JDF125
    JDF125 Posts: 13
    Options
    dont get me wrong, I am so Happy i lost a pound but I want to really lose in my waist.. so im really looking for suggestions on hat exercises or food I can be eating to lose an inch there
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    dont get me wrong, I am so Happy i lost a pound but I want to really lose in my waist.. so im really looking for suggestions on hat exercises or food I can be eating to lose an inch there

Again,
    Are you logging your food? If so, how are you measuring?

Calorie deficit and time.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

You don't get to pick where the weight comes off from, sorry. Genetics determine that.

You need to be patient and consistent. Log all of your food, get some exercise, and wait. Results will happen when you've been committed to doing the work.
  • JDF125
    Options
    1200 calories a day and yes im logging all my food and drinking at least 10 glasses of water. I do T25 in the morning and I will either jog or ride my bike at night for at least 45 minutes. If I cant fit those in then ill do jillian michaels 30 day shred , so I can throw in some weight training. I feel like I have been super strict as far as my diet goes.
  • JDF125
    Options
    thank you.. I know this may sound ridiculous to some people because I only have 15lbs to lose, but thats honestly the hardest part to lose lol, and i just want this jelly belly to be gone over night! I know I need patience, but I had to ask for advice. Im glad I did because I would have beat myself up over it all day, but getting advice def gives me motivation and confidence again, so thank you!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    thank you.. I know this may sound ridiculous to some people because I only have 15lbs to lose, but thats honestly the hardest part to lose lol, and i just want this jelly belly to be gone over night! I know I need patience, but I had to ask for advice. Im glad I did because I would have beat myself up over it all day, but getting advice def gives me motivation and confidence again, so thank you!

It doesn't sound ridiculous at all. That is the hardest. Look into body recomposition. And lifting heavy

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

Want to lift heavy things?
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Stronglifts Summary
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary

Stronglifts Womens Group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the abdomen is the first place weight gain goes and the last place to come off. And it comes off SLOWLY.

You might want to make sure you're eating enough. At 1,200 calories a day and working out twice a day, you may be overdoing it. I work out usually 3-5 times a week and eat almost 1,600 a day and still lose. When I was at 1,200 I stalled out because I had no energy.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Focus on the process and the results will come. Troubleshooting and adjustments are inevitable, but focus on the routine of logging and exercising.
  • christinaL21
    Options
    Yeah, the abdomen is the first place weight gain goes and the last place to come off. And it comes off SLOWLY.

You might want to make sure you're eating enough. At 1,200 calories a day and working out twice a day, you may be overdoing it. I work out usually 3-5 times a week and eat almost 1,600 a day and still lose. When I was at 1,200 I stalled out because I had no energy.

I wonder if this is whats happening to me? I started at 147.5 and lost 5lbs with in 2 1/2-3 weeks, im a medium frame so I wanted to get down to 130 but it seem like I been stuck now, not sure what im doing wrong I thought my 17lbs will be really fast to loose, I work out 4- 5 times a week, cardio, squats and some abs work out I cant help but to feel discourage now im eating 1270 calories per day!
  • TurboLindsay
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP!!! :) It is very likely you won't see a big change in the first two weeks, especially if you've started working out. I never notice any weight change when I first start. If you're working out, you're likely building muscle, which weighs more than fat. While the scale may not always show it, you're making progress!

I actually don't even bother with the scale, especially in the beginning because it can be so discouraging.

How does your body feel? Do you feel stronger? Are you noticing any change in how your clothes fit? Do you feel muscle fatigue after your workouts? Those are all signs that you're making progress with what you're going.

If you're tracking your foods, trying to eat a lot of whole foods, and working out...you will have progress...even if the scale doesn't show it! You also mentioned that you stepped up your workouts, so make sure you are eating enough calories. If you don't, your body may kick into starvation mode and start to store fat. Also be aware of your sodium intake, as it will cause you to hold water and be heavier!

Good luck with your journey! As someone who also only needs to lose a few pounds, I now exactly how frustrating it can be! Hang in there, because no matter what, what you're doing is good for your body and will leave you healthy and strong! :)
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

This is the calculator I've been using. You have to update it after every 5 pounds lost but it will spell out for you how much you need to be eating to fuel your body for your workouts. Generally speaking, eating 1,200 is just not enough.
  • MaeRay007
    MaeRay007 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    2 weeks and one pound? Thats perfect!! That is healthy and means you're doing a great job! :)
    It takes patience...look at me I am a year and half into constant working out and I have only lost a solid 5 pounds! And I am ok with it.

Keep strong girl
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

Once again, you can't lose in certain areas. Weight will come off wherever it wants to come off. There's no way to target a certain area. Also, make sure you're logging accurately. If you haven't gotten a digital scale, get one. It'll be the best decision you make in regards to eating at a deficit. Weigh solids in grams and measure liquids in cups/tbsp. Good luck! :flowerforyou: