Motivated but need friends to keep on track!

Options
Hi. My name is Jamie and this is my first time here on MFP but I have been trying to lose weight for some time now. I have tried so many different things like Weight Watchers, Atkins, Slim Fast and even medications from a DR. So far the only one that actually did any good was the medication but once you are taken off of it you gain the weight back so fast it is saddening.

My husband and I are both using MFP this time to help keep each other motivated. We have recently joined a gym and have started to watch our calorie intake. So far it has been hard to keep on track with work and other family things but we are determined. We have goals in mind, not just the weight loss, that are keeping us focuses but as everyone knows that is not always enough to keep you on track.

Motivation and support is the best thing for this kind of journey so I am looking to make some new friends that can help me keep this going.

Replies

• kkay3182
    kkay3182 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamie, welcome to MFP:flowerforyou: there are lots of wonderful people here with a wealth of knowledge and basket fulls of encouragement to send your way. good luck and cheerz to a healthier you and hubby!!
  • modickson
    modickson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I understand. I need the friends also. I would like to lose approx. 40 lbs. I know (how did it become 40 - WOW) :embarassed: Good Luck and keep in contact.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    consistency in tracking and exercise is the key good luck

29509743.png
  • Mischabellaa
    Mischabellaa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamie :) Welcome to MFP...you will find lots of support on here :) Feel free to add !