Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Soya Chunks - Protein heaven!

Just purchased a kilo of Soya chunks & wanted to know if anyone has made any yummy quick recipes with these soya chunks?

Seems like a good source of protein for us vegetarians :).

Nutrela - High Protein Soy chunks
Nutrional Information
Approximate composition per 100g
Energy value 336 k cal
Protein 54.2 g
Fat 0.4 g
Carbohydrate 28.9 g
Calcium 533 mg
Iron 21.2 mg

soy-chunks-375x500.jpg

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Not if you have thyroid issues.
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    As a vegetarian, I rely on these a lot. I just soak them in hot water, squeeze out the water and put them as toppings in whatever I eat, especially soups like chilli and salads. You can also marinade them for a bit in salt, paprika and light toast them.
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    I am guessing you are Indian. Just google for soy chunk recipes, there's a ton on the Internet. There's curries and biryanis and what not that have these as the main ingredient :-)
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    I absolutely love em! The macros are amazing!!!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Stir-fry with lots of veggies.
  • Just purchased a kilo of Soya chunks & wanted to know if anyone has made any yummy quick recipes with these soya chunks?

Seems like a good source of protein for us vegetarians :).

Nutrela - High Protein Soy chunks
    Nutrional Information
    Approximate composition per 100g
    Energy value 336 k cal
    Protein 54.2 g
    Fat 0.4 g
    Carbohydrate 28.9 g
    Calcium 533 mg
    Iron 21.2 mg

soy-chunks-375x500.jpg

protein heaven indeed
  • wilkyway
    Breakfast cereal!

----> Soak your portion overnight (water, milk,whatever)

Next morning I add more liquid and gently heat it on the stove. It's like a superhigh protein porridge! Topp with whatever you desire :-)

<3
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    I cant wait to try these recipes out !! making my mouth water already! never thought of it as a cereal though!

Wilkyway - what other things have you come up with soya chunks?
  • wilkyway
    I'm still experimenting! Next week i'm planning to make a high protein vegan chili! I'll post the recipe on my blog...or might even on here! I really need to figure out how to post pics -.- Do u NEED a photobucket account to do so? I need a really simple step by step manual haha...

I've also thought of making ''meat''balls! Or any kind of patty...

Will deffo have to try soaking em in marinade...
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    are they quite filling? because a 100g doesn't seem like alot even though its 388 cals!

Ive sent you a private message by the way!

Marinate them in chilli mmm, great for snacks & toppings which i never thought of!

Just found a website with quick easy recipes with Soya Chunks!

http://www.tarladalal.com/recipes-using-soya-chunks-619?pageindex=1
  • wilkyway
    They gain volume, once you soak em. so yeeeeeesss they are really filling, thats why like 30-40g dry is enough (for me)!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Interesting topic. I just looked at their macros, waw, high in protein. I'd eventually take 150 grams of those, with vegies, sounds great. Try to fry some mushrooms, and red pepper.
    Also for a post workoutt meals, sounds to be the perfect one. :)

Lets us know how you dealt with them
  • ankk09
    ankk09 Posts: 1
    Soya chunks has a lot of estrogen, unless you want moobs (male boobs) do not over eat. I am vegetarian myself and keep looking for good source of proteins. Try kidney beans, chole, daal etc.