Haven't lost anything all month..any advice appreciated!

Options
I am 19 and 5' 7". I am committed to working out 3 times a week, don't have time to really do more than that but I won't go less than 3 per/wk. I burn on average 400-420 calories per workout & lift which helps me tone because I was at 209lbs about 2 years ago. 40lbs down, I am now down to 166 but have NOT lost anything all month. I eat very healthy, lots of vegetables & proteins since I lift, while steering away from carbs as much as I can. If i do have candy, etc its occasional/on a gym day where i include it in my calories! I am using the app & alternate between a pattern of 1,540 cal one day to 1,740 calories the next...creating 1,640 as a median. Initially I was eating 1,640 & lost about 10lbs before a plateau. Since then I went down to 1,540 every day for a couple weeks...I lost 5lbs but gained it back. So now I alternate calories & switch up my workouts running 2 miles regularly instead of 1 with fitness videos. I felt 1,540 was TOO LOW for how active I am on my workdays in retail where I run around a store & stand for hours. When I'm not working...I'm a student without a car who constantly walks. I am also waiting for a food scale to come in the possibility that I am overeating! I hope this is true, because idk what is going on. GOAL weight is 130-145. I know that upping calories slightly like I did can result in temporary water weight gain, which happened & is gone now. Once again, my weight has been 166 all month, NO LOSS! I measure everything but I need to be as accurate as possible if I want to lose these last 20-35 lbs. I'd love any help. Thanks!

Replies

• livelaughloveandfitness
    Options
    Have you just been weight your self? Have you been measuring or taking progress pictures on yourself? Some times your not loosing weight but you could loosing inches. Also do you eat the same food everyday? I know sometimes if you eat the same food all the time your body just gets used to it and helps if you change it up a bit! If you want to message me we can talk about it a little more!

-Jordan
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food? Stalls are normal, but if it's longer than 4 weeks, it typically means that you're eating too much.
  • missxlela
    missxlela Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have never weighed my food before! Though I just purchased a scale to hopefully reveal I'm overeating because even though I'm strict I don't know what else it could be. I hope it passes with time! where they frequent during your weight loss journey? I used to way 209 so I feel when u lose a lot it only gets harder
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure everything, its the only way to be certain how many calories you're really eating and then there is still room for error there!