Weight loss clinic ??

Options
Hi, I wanted to hear some feed back on weight loss clinics. My friend and I were recommended by our physician to go to one. I found one that's very affordable. If you've actually been to one or currently going to one your response is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I don't attempt to sway people away from taking their doctor's advice but I do encourage the practice of questioning doctors. Did you doctor explain the reason for his suggestion? Your profile stated you have loss weight on MFP before so what's wrong with using it again and saving your money?
  • mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well I did ask questions and I did my own research. This weight loss clinic is for people like me who have lost weight on their own and need extra vitamins along with a detailed diet plan to drop the last 30 pounds or so. I know no matter what program you pick the real work starts with your own motivation.

Thanks for responding.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Is it one of those places where you get to stay for a few weeks? If you can afford to do that it might be nice just as a way to adjust yourself; to reflect on your life away from the everyday hassles and take a reassessment of where you want to go from here.

It's always nice to have some one-on-one guidance as far as a diet and nutrition. Either way, I hope that you find that whatever choice you make, the last 30 pounds come off well!

I have about 60 to go so... I'd need 2 clinics, ha ha! Let us know what you decide.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I paid for a weight loss place years ago. I found it expensive. They did do payment plans. It had me doing a food diary and aiming for x amount of proteins, fruit, veggies and starches ECT. I did lose 50 pounds but found the weigh ins and diary checks uncomfortable. Plus when I had money problems and couldn't afford my payments I quit going. I think its been long enough they can't come after me. Lol.. Well, anyway, I gained all that back and more. I have learned more about nutrition and calories here on myfitnesspal than I did paying for weight loss place.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    If you feel it’s the best option for you then follow it but why do you need extra vitamins now when you didn't before? Why hasn’t your doctor cover any needed extra vitamins? I guess you can tell I am very suspicious of people, places, and their claims. If I were you, my doctor and the weight loss client would have to show and prove to me why their method is better than the MFP way which has worked in the past before I hand over my money.

Good Luck!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    What are the extra vitamins they will give you? Just curious.
  • mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have vitamin deficiency in every thing when my blood work was done. My doctor has prescribed my a lot of vitamins as well. The clinic will give me weekly shots of B12, B1, B2, B5, B6, Chromium, Procain, and Choline just to name a few. My body hurts really bad during and after exercise. I do it anyway but my doctor thinks that a boost of vitamins will help. My stress levels are also un balanced, etc, etc, lol.

Thanks for all the comments. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted.
  • dawnrosina
    dawnrosina Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just curious to see how it's going with your weight loss clinic and if you are happy with the results. I too am going to go next week to a local weight loss clinic and am hoping that the shots and vitamins will give me assistance in losing the weight.