Started a 10 Day Juicing

Options
Would like some ideas for juicing "no citrus: plz! ty have a beautiful day!

Replies

• jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Drink some apple juice. Bam. You got juiced.

Don't waste your money or energy on 10 days of "juicing". All you're gonna do is wind up with headaches, feeling exhausted, and losing muscle, not fat, because there's no way it's possible to meet protein (or hell, calorie) needs while doing a 10 day juice. Unless all you're doing is juicing peas. Then you might come close to hitting protein.

Edited to try and make this slightly more grammatically correct.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    No need to juice. Just eat less. Add juice if you like. Weight loss from juicing happens because of calorie deficit. And in 10 days of juicing, about 70% of that weight loss will be water. Which returns when you start eating again.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Easiest recommendation?

Don't start some kinda of juicing plan.

If you want to add fruit/veggie juice to a well balanced diet, go for it. I'm all about some nutrients.

As for a regimented juicing thing though? Yeah, don't.
  • mandez19
    mandez19 Posts: 179
    Options
    Juice enough calories and with all the nutrients your body needs for your health and fitness goals.

Here is my suggestion for each day:

Pancakes, peanut butter and oatmeal juice for breakfast

Protein shake with milk juice after a work out at some point during the day

Tuna, lettuce and mayo on whole grain bread juice for lunch

Chicken and veggies juice for dinner

Milkshake juice for dessert.

BAM!, no citrus. Might need to add water to these to get a good juice thickness.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Easiest recommendation?

Don't start some kinda of juicing plan.

If you want to add fruit/veggie juice to a well balanced diet, go for it. I'm all about some nutrients.

As for a regimented juicing thing though? Yeah, don't.

Definitely this.
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Join this group they are amazing and very supportive

https://www.facebook.com/JuicingForDummies

Great support system (no judging you and your choices)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Ideas? Buy lots of clean shorts.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Is this your first time?

Are you ONLY using juice?

I would start with a 3 day instead.

I have done a 3 day, enjoyed it, got some good benefits from it, but no weight loss.

10 days is a very long time.
  • seamandi
    seamandi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My brother was really into juicing for a while. He even did 27 days straight with juice alone. He found it beneficial to helping with non-weight related health issues (headaches, muscle aches, drowsiness) . However, when you juice all of the fiber ends up in the pulp, so I think a better idea is to blend the fruits and veggies with water. It's the same idea, you're giving your digestive system a break and detoxing but you'll being getting ALL of the nutrients.

Remember though, when you do something like that it's important to slow your life down as much as possible. Some people even take time off of work to do a juice cleanse.
  • mandez19
    mandez19 Posts: 179
    Options
    All joking aside, my wife and her sister did 3 days to cleanse and were basically zombies. You're pretty much wrapped in a blanket and sleeping most of the time. Agree with seamandi that you would have to take time off work if 100% only drinking fruit and vegetable juice and not eating.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    The thought of "juicing" makes me sad.

My FIL is very ill and cannot eat solid food. As a matter of fact, he will never be able to eat anything with a more substantial texture than baby food for the remainder of his life. He lives on blended stuff and Ensure.

He misses the pleasure of actually TASTING food... the experience of the texture in his mouth.
    EATING FOOD is a pleasurable experience! It was DESIGNED to be!

Why do people want to punish themselves by denying themselves something so fundamental? You didn't commit a crime to society... you aren't sick...you got fat! It's something that you can un-do by just eating less!

Unless you're choosing to do this for a religious or spiritual reason (and even then, I wish you wouldn't) then just don't. You deserve better.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    My brother was really into juicing for a while. He even did 27 days straight with juice alone. He found it beneficial to helping with non-weight related health issues (headaches, muscle aches, drowsiness) . However, when you juice all of the fiber ends up in the pulp, so I think a better idea is to blend the fruits and veggies with water. It's the same idea, you're giving your digestive system a break and detoxing but you'll being getting ALL of the nutrients.

Remember though, when you do something like that it's important to slow your life down as much as possible. Some people even take time off of work to do a juice cleanse.

Or, be in a coma.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Tons of juicing recipes:
    http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/category/blog/recipes/juice/

I like the basic "mean green" juice:

1 cucumber
    4 celery stalks
    2 green apples
    6-8 leaves kale
    1/2 lemon
    1 in. chunk ginger

I pour it over ice, then add a splash of Shoyu and a bit of Sriracha.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Does anyone else see the irony in "for dummies"?
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Does anyone else see the irony in "for dummies"?

Very much so...
  • anapestic
    anapestic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I did a ten-day juice fast once. Days 2 and 3 were the real killers for me.

Anyway, I found that adding some ginger to almost anything I was juicing really helped with the flavor.
  • oldskool556
    oldskool556 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there thank you! for your info. I use a Nutri Bullet & I love it! my sister just finished a 10 day and I wanted to try it out am have way there 5 day today! feel great had headaches the first few days ...again ty for the info...
  • oldskool556
    Options
    I did a ten-day juice fast once. Days 2 and 3 were the real killers for me.

Anyway, I found that adding some ginger to almost anything I was juicing really helped with the flavor.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You don't need to "cleanse" or do a "detox".

Your body does all that for you on its own.

It won't "kickstart" or "jump start" weight loss or your metabolism.

You'll lose water weight and miss out on the fiber contained within the produce, which helps you stay satiated.

Drink the juices, but use the pulp in cooking.

That way, you get delicious juice along with nutrients.

And you don't unnecessarily waste food.
  • oldskool556
    Options
    Thanks! for the info I will finish this 10 days! on day 5 half way there ... then try & eatting plan ...