#Fatkini

Options
SUPERRRRRRR Fun Story!! Yesterday my best friend texted me asking if I was on TV. I said Uhh no, not that I know of!

Apparently her step mom said she saw me on Inside Edition. She took a picture of her TV screen and THIS PICTURE from my IG was on there! They were doing a segment on #Fatkini and MY picture was included in it!! hahahahaha

i5psao.jpg

Here is the link to the full segment if you're interested: http://www.insideedition.com/videos/2997-overweight-women-proudly-show-off-curves-in-fatkinis

I think this was an AWESOME segment that highlights a movement of women being unapologetic and accepting of their bodies despite society's standards of beauty.

So ladies- If you're so inclined, show off your gorgeous bodies in your #Fatkinis...Or not-so-fatkinis...Or whatever you wear that makes you feel beautiful!! :heart:

Here is another shot from that day! :flowerforyou:

k2eick.jpg

Replies

• teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    That's awesome...! You obviously look happy and comfortable!
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Love it! You look fabulous and happy!:drinker:
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It's weird that they didn't ask you first, but congrats! You look absolutely fabulous!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm totally kind of jealous of your self-confidence.

You look amazing!
  • mandez19
    mandez19 Posts: 179
    Options
    I would say "project get sexy" is complete and successful already! Wow you are beautiful.

Keep pumping up the jams though. pump them up.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Can they just use your picture like that? And not even inform you?
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    if she used a website like instagram or facebook technically the photo is property of that website, so they would just need permission from them not the uploader.

looking good OP!
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS Angela!! They noticed your radiating beauty and had to use you in their segment.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Bravo to you. lovely lady! What is with the usage of the word "fat", though?! Can they ditch that awful reference already?! Hopefully, with examples like YOU showing the rest of us how it's done this will be a turning point. Thanks for sharing!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

I posted that picture in a public forum. My profile is public for anyone to see. I know the risk of doing that- whether it results in something positive or negative. In this case I think it was SUPER positive. :drinker:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    did you give them permission to use your picture or was it up for public use?
  • angelams1019
    Options
    Bravo to you. lovely lady! What is with the usage of the word "fat", though?! Can they ditch that awful reference already?! Hopefully, with examples like YOU showing the rest of us how it's done this will be a turning point. Thanks for sharing!

There's nothing wrong with the word "fat". It's an adjective. I'm fat- That's a fact lol The word "Fat" is no different than the word "skinny"...The are just opposites. Yet "Fat" has such a negative connotation. In my opinion, the word "Fatkini" takes back control of the word...So then all the people using that word in a negative and hurtful way will have to find a new word lol

I see nothing wrong with it :flowerforyou:
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I love the pattern on your bikini! Your confidence is awesome too! I'm working on mine, and I hope to rock like you do :flowerforyou:
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love that you took the commercial in a good way, I for one would be mad because they kind of stole the picture without asking. Nevertheless, you look beautiful and I'm so jealous of your confidence ♥:love:
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You are stunningly gorgeous and oozing with confidence!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. I hope this isn't too personal but I would absolutely love to know where you brought your two piece. This is a problem only a fellow busty girl could relate to but I dream of a suit "top" where the bottom is under my "girls" rather than cutting me off midway in an uncomfortable and unflattering way. (and the pattern is so cute and funky!).
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! So Stinking awesome. COngrats on being famous!
  • angelams1019
    Options
    You look wonderful. I hope this isn't too personal but I would absolutely love to know where you brought your two piece. This is a problem only a fellow busty girl could relate to but I dream of a suit "top" where the bottom is under my "girls" rather than cutting me off midway in an uncomfortable and unflattering way. (and the pattern is so cute and funky!).

Swimsuits For All or Monif C (WAAAAY expensive!) are the best for big boobies! :)
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options

Swimsuits For All or Monif C (WAAAAY expensive!) are the best for big boobies! :)

Thank you - I'm sure they are worth every penny!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Thank you - I'm sure they are worth every penny!

Torrid, Asos Curve US and Forever 21+ had lots of them this year. Forever21+ had them for dirt cheap.