Entering my 3rd week with MFP

Options
Hey! I'm now starting my 3rd week with MFP, and I really enjoy the tools available to me. My weight loss journey has been one frought with major ups and downs as I have used food to soothe, celebrate, and every other emotion in between. About 6 years ago, I had weight loss surgery and lost 170 pounds. I gained 30 of it back by finding ways to eat around my surgery when my life stresses became high again. Now, I am determined to get back on track and finally reach a goal weight that places me in the healthy weight category.

I'm going to the gym 6 days a week, learning to be kind to myself, and through counseling learning to reach out to people for support and comfort rather than food. I am excited to be on this journey with people who struggle with the same issues. We can achieve our goals. Bring in some accountable partners for yourself and let's tackle our own mountains one step at a time!

Replies

• DianeDenise
    Options
    We both joined the same time, I'm in my 3rd week with no weight loss and I've determined I HAVE to add more exercise, since I think I eat pretty well. I just added a room in my basement and it should be done within a week. time to get on the machines and make it happen-we can do it!! You have a good attitude and that's more than 1/2 the battle.
    Good Luck, Diane
    :glasses:
  • danaellis
    danaellis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Diane,

Yes, we can. Good luck making your home workout area. I've found I need that push that comes with paying for a gym membership to get me out the door. Nothing I hate more than wasted money. Ha Ha...whatever mental games it takes to get my body in motion.

I have found that even a minimum amount of cardio (30 minutes) has aided in my 2 pound/week weight loss. The food logs help me stay on track with calories, but I need that boost I get from exercise. For me, that means I get up at 4 to work out before work. Good thing I'm a morning person!

Have a healthy day!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    Diane,

Yes, we can. Good luck making your home workout area. I've found I need that push that comes with paying for a gym membership to get me out the door. Nothing I hate more than wasted money. Ha Ha...whatever mental games it takes to get my body in motion.

I have found that even a minimum amount of cardio (30 minutes) has aided in my 2 pound/week weight loss. The food logs help me stay on track with calories, but I need that boost I get from exercise. For me, that means I get up at 4 to work out before work. Good thing I'm a morning person!

Have a healthy day!

hey there! im about to start getting up @ 4am to go workout. Though i havn't paid for the membership yet, im trying a 2 week trial. Figure, try before ya buy...loll.
  • danaellis
    danaellis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Phil,

Definitely try before you buy if you don't know if you'll be able to commit to the routine. For me, I am a morning person and feel better if I work out early. Good luck with the trial. I hope it goes well for you and that you find some work out companions even at that early hour! There are two others who go in early like me, so it is nice to see familiar faces.