First small NSV!

Options
tiffeh345
tiffeh345 Posts: 43 Member
Hello everyone. I just wanted to tell you about my first NSV. But first....a back-story! When I first decided on how much weight I wanted to lose (over 100 pounds) I knew that it would take some time. I didn't expect to lose it over night and didn't want to. I knew it would be a slow and steady process. I decided to make small mini-goals.

I am a visual learner and needed something to help me stick to my goals. I decided to make outfits to hang up for inspiration. My first outfit that I wanted to work towards had a form fitting XL shirt and a pair of capris that are two sizes smaller than what I currently wore. I bought this particular outfit about four weeks ago.

Yesterday morning I decided to try the outfit on to see how far I had left to go. It fits!!!! I was/am so over the moon excited! I know it is a small victory, but it is a victory! :)

Anyone else have a NSV?

Replies

• bstoudt369
    bstoudt369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love when that happens! Congrats!

My NSV - I realized my back and underarm fat is no longer bulging over my bra band and I was able to comfortably fasten the bra without the band extender!

edited to fix typo
  • Beckyg1972
    Options
    Good for you! You have a reason to be over the moon excited.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know after a couple weeks and about 10 lbs lost, I felt 100X better and my self-image really improved even though the only noticeable change was my work clothes fit better. My pants and dress shirt collar weren't cutting off my circulation.
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! The rest of the weight should burn off in no time! Just be patient! Congratz!
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Brilliant nsv.

Mine for today, bought a new top for gym, first time wore it at aerobics, annoying it kept riding up a bit at the front, initially frantically returning it but then I thought, who cares?, the tiny bit of visible flesh isn't that bad anymore, If anything quite proud of the little saggy bits I have left.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I went out shopping for some last minute work clothes before I leave for three weeks and jet across the country.

EVERYTHING I tried on fit, and actually looked good -- this has never happened to me before. And one of the things that fit? Size 8 capris. I don't think I've worn a size 8 since I was in middle school.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great NSV everyone!
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I had a small NSV this week too. Usually when I run, my waistband slips a little and settles right under my belly. And then it looks like I have belly pouch... But today, it didnt!!!!! Im so happy :D all this running and tracking food is paying off!! :happy:
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Oh awesome! Congratulations! I love it when clothes fit.

My big NSV this month was finally going through my closet and getting rid of all my super old XL shirts. NONE of them fit anymore, so I kept a few of the nicer ones to use as sleep shirts and either used the rest as rags or wall decorations. Best thing ever though: I started work [I'm a HS Teacher] last week and all of my work clothes from last year that were snug at the beginning of summer are now well fitting or a bit loose! Even my belts fit better! Best start to the school year ever!
  • tiffeh345
    tiffeh345 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV's everyone! :)
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that every victory is equal, there are no small victories. :) Celebrate each and every one of those NSV's like crazy, that's what keeps you going.

I'd suggest working in some fitness goals too. People tend to forget those kinds of things and then get upset when the scale doesn't move or they don't see size changes. Something like being able to walk a mile without stopping if you're new to movement or if you walk try jogging, working the elliptical bump it up a level, small changes will provide big results.

Congratulations on your victory!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on everyone's NSVs!! You'll are so inspiring :):drinker:
  • mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Love it. Being able to wear something a size smaller is awesome. I use trips and gifts as motivation as well.
  • jasonctyler
    Options
    Quitting smoking cigarettes, exactly 7 months to the day now.
  • megacoco
    megacoco Posts: 32
    Options
    Feels awesome to fit in those clothes, right!?

I bought a dress to wear to my cousin's wedding months ago. I gained weight after that, but managed to lose it in time to fit back into it last weekend. And damn, I looked good haha
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! That is awesome!! I remember that feeling and can't wait to feel it again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!