I have lost the first 50 lbs

Options

Replies

• katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Wow! That was fast! What have you done to achieve these amazing results?

Your diary isn't public so I can't snoop. lol
  • janickc
    janickc Posts: 22
    Options
    WOW you are a good inspiration!!
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are looking awesome keep up the good work!
  • krasay
    krasay Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks, I wish I would have done it years ago and I tried multiple times, but my granddaughter has been my main inspiration. I guess I should have also included how I have done this, the first 25 lbs was following the websites plan and just counting the calories. I was introduced to this website from the bariatric center's dietitian. I had bariatric RNY (bypass) surgery on Dec 28th and since then I have lost the rest.

The other benefits I have gained from the surgery is I am no longer diabetic, my blood pressure has corrected itself and I no longer have reflux. I am off all the medications I was on for these issues, a total of 6 different medications.
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Thanks, I wish I would have done it years ago and I tried multiple times, but my granddaughter has been my main inspiration. I guess I should have also included how I have done this, the first 25 lbs was following the websites plan and just counting the calories. I was introduced to this website from the bariatric center's dietitian. I had bariatric RNY (bypass) surgery on Dec 28th and since then I have lost the rest.

The other benefits I have gained from the surgery is I am no longer diabetic, my blood pressure has corrected itself and I no longer have reflux. I am off all the medications I was on for these issues, a total of 6 different medications.
    Super job! I thought my kids would help grandpa fo what his supposed to do for his diabetes. I'm now prediabetic and I WILL NOT do to my kids what I went through.
    Keep up the great work Grandpa! How old is your granddaughter ?
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Way to take control of your health, you look good and I know your granddaughter is really proud of you! Congrats and keep us posted!
  • doris_day
    doris_day Posts: 159
    Options
    Good for you! You're looking awesome.
  • labrat26
    labrat26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    your back must thank you too......great job.
  • loulouBell72
    loulouBell72 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well done! Your belly has shrunk lots :smile:
  • foyboy
    foyboy Posts: 49
    Options
    Nice work, keep it up!!!!
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Great job!! Glad you are off the meds :)
  • curiouskat
    curiouskat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!! Keep up the GREAT work!:smile:
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Nice Job!! You look great, keep up the hard work!
  • joannajohnsonrn
    joannajohnsonrn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for your success! Correcting your medical conditions probably makes you feel so much better! Not to mention the extension you put on your life! Smart to start your new eating habits before surgery, that will hopefully help you keep the weight off forever!
    Good luck on your weight loss journey, you have inspired many of us with your story! Thank you!
  • dee1999
    Options
    Congratulations on your first 50 pounds! Correcting your medical conditions is really inspirational. How long were you hypertensive? I have hypertension and need to lose another 50 lbs., and am wondering if it will go away or not. I've lost 20 so far, 14 on here..
  • krasay
    Options

Super job! I thought my kids would help grandpa fo what his supposed to do for his diabetes. I'm now prediabetic and I WILL NOT do to my kids what I went through.
    Keep up the great work Grandpa! How old is your granddaughter ?

My Granddaughter was born in March last year shortly after that first photo, She is 10 months old. Of course I fell in love right away and wanted to make sure I was around to watch her group up and assist her whenever I can.

I am sorry to hear about your lost with your own dad, I also have learned my lesson from my father, fortunately I have not lost him yet, I am hoping he will learn from my example. He is too old for the surgery now, but it is not too late for him to start losing weight here.

I would like to keep up with you as well, you have provided great support to me with just your two comments. If you are interested, please send me a friend request.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    the pictures look great! congratulations!!!!
  • krasay
    Options
    Congratulations on your first 50 pounds! Correcting your medical conditions is really inspirational. How long were you hypertensive? I have hypertension and need to lose another 50 lbs., and am wondering if it will go away or not. I've lost 20 so far, 14 on here..

I was on my blood pressure meds for about 3 years. I started with 1 medication as I was having heart palpitations and was borderline high, then about a year and a half later I reached the same level and my diabetic doctor put me on an additional pill as a preventative.

When I got out of the hospital after the surgery I was still on one of the pills but the following week I passed out due to low blood pressure and was readmitted to the hospital for evaluation. After 4 days with no bp meds, they determine I did not have high bp any longer, my average pressure is now running around 114/70. Best I have been in years.
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success thus far! You can def see some major progress =]
  • Pinomami89
    Pinomami89 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Omg good job you look Great keep up the good work =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!