Guess whose back... back again

Options
2014 started off great for me with weight loss but then by the beginning of April I wasn't feeling myself. I stopped tracking my food but continued to log on every day. I stopped working out as much and then not at all. It took a couple of month before I finally went to talk to my doctor about what was going on. After getting put on some medication I feel back to old self and ready mentally and physically to get back on track. Today is day one. I'm tracking and planning work outs for the weekend and planning for success.
Why am I sharing this on here? I'm not sure other than I just want to share that even though I took some time off to get myself right mentally, I'm still here. I gained a few pounds but nothing tragic. Time to get back to it.
Thanks for listening... ummm I mean reading. :)

Replies

• aftonavila
    Options
    Welcome back! Stay motivated and get after it!
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • bb_lose_weight
    bb_lose_weight Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back!!!
  • melr01
    melr01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Glad to be back. :)
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have been on a diet my whole life, then how come I am not thin? I pretty much gave up last year, and just decided to eat whatever I wanted, and quit exercise. After all, I was not the size I wanted to be, with all the work I was doing anyway, so why keep at it?

I gave up.

And gained 30 pounds, just like that.

Wish it came off that fast.

My realization, is that if I gained that much weight, what will happen next year, and the year after, if I don't get back on the program? I need to stay on this journey, even if it is not giving me the immediate gratification I seek, because if I don't, it will creep up, and up.

They say exercise helps you with depression. Too bad I felt too depressed to even leave the sofa. But, I am forcing myself to get with the program here. This is probably the only thing that I can actually control in my life, that seems completely out of my control. That should give me some happiness.

You are not alone on this journey. I am here in the lifeboat...come in, and we can row together.
  • cindiolson3
    cindiolson3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I think that it is never too late to start feeling better about yourself. Good luck!