Tired of being fat and sad. Want a new friend? I'm new.

Options
Hi!
My name is Mercedes. My friend/roommate and I are currently on a journey to lose 100+ pounds. I'm going through a difficult time right now and could definitely use the friendship, motivation, and assistance from other people. If you find yourself in the same boat, and are looking to make new friends, I hope you would consider adding me as a friend on My Fitness Pal....you can find me at "xoxfrompdx".

We live in Gresham, OR and are crazy about dogs. So if you'd like to get together to have healthy dinners, work out, or just keep each other inspired...please let me know.

Replies

• DeboraW_55
    DeboraW_55 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey, I would like to be your friend. Been on about 35 days lost 8 lbs. 58 years old lives in Mississippi. Debora
  • DonnaCitak
    Options
    Hi Mercedes...My name is Donna and we can be friends. I need to lose 130 lbs and it is always a struggle. I just joined myfitnesspal.com to count calories. I just signed up for The Venus Factor program so I'm determined to make it work. They believe in following a healthy diet and doing strengthening exercises. So, whatever works.I'll check into this site 3x a day to enter calories, so write anytime. I'm a great listener. I'm 58, mother of 2, been married 36 yrs and have 3 grandchildren. My house is on the market and hope it sells soon. Moving from CT. to Fl. Talk to you soon....Donna
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You can do this and MFP is a great tool to help you along the way. I sent a friend request and I am always glad to help :drinker:
  • jessmceache
    jessmceache Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We can be friends. I just started yesterday. I do not know how to send a friend request, but everyone please feel free to add me ! jessmceache is my anme thing.

I am 23 live in Canada, on a journey to lose 100 pounds, and I have tried every diet and they all fail because I have little to no support system and no will power and motivation! Any help and friendships will be appreciated along my journey!

If you message me or anything it may take awhile to respond as I am new and have no idea how to do anything on here lol!
  • xoxfrompdx
    xoxfrompdx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    Definitely excited and eager for the support!
  • ClaudiaB37
    ClaudiaB37 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started as well and of course we can acomplish this and lots more!!!
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :) MFP has helped me lose 15 pounds since January. It's a great place to keep accountable and motivated! Just know that this won't happen over night. It probably won't even be WEEKS that you feel or see a difference. Just know that it is proven that if you stick with it, it WILL work. Weight loss is all about calories in/calories out
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent….lots of luck to you.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Congrats to starting your journey at MFP. I didn't find until well into mu journey but it came at a great time!!! So happy to be a part of this site!
  • MS954
    MS954 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna I'm Jackie and I live in FL I'm kinda new to this too and need to lose about 75 pounds and looking for a friend to talk to going through this is not easy alone I'm tired of being alone on this new journey I on. Let me know if you want to chat I hope so:smile:
  • mlittle671
    mlittle671 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new to this as well.. trying to loose weight for my wedding
  • jennrambles
    jennrambles Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in being friends! I need motivational support, even though I know I have this fitness/weight loss journey down, I also know a time will come when I hit a plateau or just get down, and will need people in my corner. I have friends who are supportive, but no one who is also on a journey to lose 100+ pounds!

I'm 36, from the DFW area of Texas, and I have lost 28lbs, down to 321 from 349! My tracker is off because I stupidly didn't enter my starting weight, I entered the weight I was when I joined MFP.
  • mlittle671
    mlittle671 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How do you add the scale thingy at the bottom?
  • jennrambles
    jennrambles Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    How do you add the scale thingy at the bottom?

You go to "profile" and there should be an option to add tracker.
  • Iron_girl11
    Options
    I've just started and need friends so that we can motivate each other throughout the journey :))
    feel free to add me everyone :wink: