I Just Dont Understand The Carbs...??

Options
ok...now Im just confused....

I run twice a week so I need to eat carbs to give me energy to get to the end...... so why do people cut out bread, potatoes, rices, pasta...? Surely they are needed??

Also, I find myself tired if I dont eat as close to my recommened 1200 cal per day...some times I cant eat 1200 calories a day..especially when Ive been running, I have to eat what calories I burned too??

???

Replies

• Dee1006
    Dee1006 Posts: 37
    Options
    it is pretty much the kind of carbs you are eating. I myself cannot go without carbs. I try to have more carbs for breakfast, less for lunch and then with dinner. If i don't eat carbs at dinner i will eat the house before going to bed! :)
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Yeah I can be like that too...find myself unreasonably hungry before bed time...not good!! Cool, thanks for that I suppose my next quest and question is to find out the 'types' of carbs!!
  • pieconspiracy
    Options
    I think the important thing about pasta, bread and whatnot isn't cutting them out, but trying to eat whole grains instead of bleached white, processed breads and pastas.
  • audreyyrose
    Options
    when people cut out carbs, they're really just looking for a quick fix. i've watched several people around me go on the low-carb diets, and sure, they lose weight, but it all comes right back. it's not an ideal way to lose weight at all, especially since you do need carbs.
    the reason people like the no carb diet is because you really don't need to exercise in order for it to work, which is why they can get by without the energy from the carbs.
    but it's really not the best way to lose weight, every person i've seen do it has ended up right back where they started no less than a year or two later.

and you need an absolute minimum of 1200 calories a day, and you should try to eat at least half of your exercise calories. if you're having trouble making your calorie goal, eat some high protein and higher calorie things, such as peanut butter or a protein bar :]
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, thats a good idea.. I can go through the cupboards and replace whites for browns... that should help..thank you!!