Long time MFP looking to provide support!

Options
My name is Dave and I tend to be a serious about my fitness however I love to throw in some subtle humor along the way. (I mean this is hard enough as it is we need to take something’s lightly from time to time:drinker: ). I am always looking for new friends since I have been here a long time (950+) with good success:smile: and some not so great success:ohwell: .

One thing that has been steady is the fact I log in every day and always support my friends. Sometimes we all get busy so weekends can be my kryptonite:sad: . Some of my earlier friends have moved on and I like to get new ones from time to time. This always keeps things fresh. You will find a lot of people here come and do their best to stick with it but we all know it’s not an easy thing to do. This takes a lot of hard commitment and willingness to make life changes. With support we sometimes still struggle. So if anyone wants to friend me please do. I look forward to doing my best to provide support.

Replies

• ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have been around since sep 2011. A lot of my friends are inactive now as well (not everyone is in for the long haul, I guess). Please feel free to add me.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Long timer here. Been around since 2009, and still log in every day!
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Requests Sent!
  • conroegirl
    conroegirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been around awhile with no success sticking to the plan but this time I'm going to stick with it this time. I'm looking for any all support to stick with my plan this time. So please add me and any one else in the market for support please feel free to add me
  • JDavid007
    Options
    Request Sent!
  • JDavid007
    Options
    :smile:
  • Rollsworth
    Rollsworth Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started dieting after being so unfit at my last job :( So I am in for the long haul
  • JDavid007
    Options
    !
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Dave, fitness is a serious business. Humor is NOT allowed...
    luni1iooqtb2.jpg
  • JDavid007
    Options
    Ahh but a good laugh is healthy for the soul.....lol...and heck it burns a few calories!
  • NewBody_2016_NewMe
    Options
    Newbie here looking for friends.
  • JDavid007
    Options
    Request Sent!
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am totally in it for the long haul and need all the support and encouragement I can get. I'm a good cheerleader myself, too! :) Amy
  • TeaLoverMJ
    TeaLoverMJ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My friends have all been inactive for months now! Please feel free to add to me too so I have come company on here :smile:
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Always willing to have new friends! Friends that can make me laugh is just a bonus :smiley:
  • Ldub424
    Options
    Just got started yesterday so I'm just beginning and could use all the support I can get :smile:
  • PHXBlondie
    PHXBlondie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been here a few years and most of my friends are inactive now, as well. I originally lost 60 lbs back in 2010/2011. I kept it off for two years. Then, last year I slowly started losing discipline. Just a little at first. And inch by inch I lost almost all the ground I had made. I've gained back 52 lbs. I feel ashamed now for actually believing that I could live without discipline and still maintain my goals. The weight returned SO QUICKLY! The mind can be a most deceitful enemy. At any rate, yesterday was my first day back on track. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself and I'm trying to set realistic goals that I can achieve. I would love to partner up with some new friends as I begin my journey anew. One thing that makes it easier this time than last time is that I know I can do it. Last time, it had been so long since I had not been a plus-sized woman that I really had a hard time believing I could achieve my goal. The memory of how great I felt and looked when I reached my goal is still fresh in my mind, so that gives me good motivation to stick with it.
  • JDavid007
    Options
    FR Sent!
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Dear Dave, please support me by solving this equation. Thanks.

0gnyygj84tqx.gif

• JDavid007
    Options
    Not sure I can answer that!