Starting Almased anyone else try this?

Options
Day 1 on Almased is going great! For Breakfast I had the Almased mixed with Organic Milk, snack was Veg Broth and half a Kombucha Tea, Lunch was another Almased mixed with Organic Milk. Feeling pretty full and very good! NO craving so far =)

Curious is this has worked for anyone else or if anyone else is doing it.

Replies

• LuvHypno
    LuvHypno Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a few days but ended up getting sick with an upper respiratory infection. Saw an increase in energy and the bags/circles under my eyes went away. I would be careful of dehydration though....I had a day where my legs hurt the entire day. Drank Gatorade the entire next day and was okay by that next night.
    Don't know if I will go back on it or not...will have to see. Good luck to you!!!
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I want to start Almased after Easter; anyone out there stay on it a few weeks at least? Results?
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Oh gawd, another fad. Okay, what does this one involve?

My rule is only do it if you can maintain it for life.
  • Davescc
    Davescc Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes I tried it for a year and had success on it. Tasted good too. But eventually you will need to pick a for life eating diet. So don't forget that as months go by. I'm now doing "The Plan" by Lyn Genet - Check it out.
  • Davescc
    Davescc Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes I tried it for a year and had suceess! Don't forget that eventually you need to find a healthy food for life diet.
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to kick start my weight loss since i have been the same weight within a pound or two since beginning MFP a year and a half ago. It is supposed to be healthy and give you energy. I am very aware of healthy diet for when it's over. I just wasn't sure how long to do it or what it felt like.
  • starlaca
    starlaca Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to any negative remarks from people telling you it's "another fad" diet. I just found out about it and am going to do more reading on it and might try it for the same reason as you, just to kick off my weight loss. I need to check around to find the cheapest price. If you decide to try it out, please keep posting as I would like to know how you are feeling and doing. I wish you well. :-)
  • Clement1ne
    Options
    I've read about this and I am a little curious about it too, but at the same time apprehensive to try....
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    There Is No Joy In Soy by Kayla Daniels. Read it. Or not.
  • mrsjjulia
    mrsjjulia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been on the Almased phase 1 diet for the past few days. I have lost 4.2 lbs and this is my 4th day of the shakes. It doesn't taste too bad, you just have to figure out what to mix in it to get a taste you like. I plan on staying on the fast portion for a couple more days then move on to phase 2. I have tons of energy and I'm not hungry. I found the best deals on Swanson website and Vitacost website. I always search for a promo code on Google and go with the cheapest company. I got all my containers for $20 each and I just now opened my 2nd container. I bought a total of 5 containers before starting the program. I wanted to make sure I had enough to go through the whole program.
  • JillyInDaCity
    JillyInDaCity Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So Sorry! I didn't realize I had any replies!

I actually tried it and it did not work for me. I tried twice actually. The first time I felt very sick on day three and I had to eat something. I immediately felt better.

I tried again thinking I was just weak and I failed, but I was sick again. So I am done. I just am not the type of person that can replace all meals by shake.

I am doing Rawjuvenate right now. You just replace one meal with it a day and it is a 2 week detox. It is all natural and vegan and today is the first time in a very long time where I had the energy to work out and I was in a good mood. I didn't even have coffee. Today was day one though, so maybe I just have some random crazy energy, so I will keep using it and see if it continues to make me feel this way! If so I love it. I need that energy to get my butt in front of the tv with my Jillian Michales video or going running with my jogger stroller that has never seen me jogging. lol
  • JillyInDaCity
    JillyInDaCity Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh by the way results wise with Almased. After three days I lost 6 pounds, so you will see results I just couldn't do Almased I just felt very crappy.
  • jc_miller
    Options
    There are a lot of great reviews for this product here: https://www.swansonvitamins.com/almased-synergy-diet-17-6-oz-pwdr

They also sell it for $19.96. Not sure what everyone is paying, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

This powder is great for kicking off a healthy lifestyle. A lot of people get sick from just drinking the shakes and following the program. Make sure to add in some fruits and vegetables throughout the day to keep your body happy. I only survived two days of just shakes the first time I tried it. I think I lost around 4lbs in that time, which is great, but always make sure to listen to your body. I'm back on the shakes after several months off, but I'm including fruits and vegetables during this time since my body didn't enjoy just the shakes.

Good luck to you all!
  • aprily1980
    Options
    I just started the Almased today. I drank my 1st one at 7am, by 10am I was hungry. I held out till 12pm and had my 2nd shake with a 1/4c of dry kashi cereal (I needed food), and it's now 4pm, and I'm not hungry yet. We'll see how the evening goes. I REALLY hope it works, because nothing else is.
  • ddka1989
    Options
    I am on day seven on Almased. The second and third day I didn't feel that great, but I exercised anyway. I feel great now! Lots of energy, and I sleep so much better! Tomorrow I get to eat one meal, and I honestly haven't been hungry since the third day. I have lost about seven pounds since last week, but I have worked out and drank LOTS of water. I am going to do this for a few weeks to jump start my diet. Plus my blood sugar levels are great. I give it a big thumbs up!