1st diet

Options
Hi everyone, I decided over a week ago I wanted to loose weight. I changed my diet to healthy no sugars etc, I looked online for the best things to eat a not eat a went shopping. I got some phen375 (official site) I started to diet last Thursday ond come Saturday I'd lost 4pounds,since then I have I haven't lost any. Today I drank 2 cans of cider and I've gone back to my starting weight 16 stone!. Any advice please.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You don't need any special diets or supplements to lose weight, just a calorie deficit and you're good to go.

MFP is excellent in that respect - enter your information, reasonable weight loss goal, and log all your food and any exercise that you do. Accurate logging is key, so consider getting a digital food scale to weight and measure what you eat, and a good heart rate monitor or tracker for exercise.

Aim to meet, or come very close to the daily goal you're given, which has you at a deficit BEFORE any exercise - meaning you can eat all the calories every day, do zero exercise and you'll lose weight. if you burn more cals with exercise, log it and eat back at least a good portion of the burned cals, bringing your daily net cals up to, or very near original goal.

Really it's all about calories in, calories out, and no need to restrict or swear off "bad" foods, it's just food. :smile: Of course if you know you're prone to devour an entire bag of M&M's rather than just portioning out a serving and being done with it, then maybe avoid buying those for now! :tongue: But learning to eat real food in proper portions is the way to make the life changes needed for sustainable fat loss - lose the weight and keep it off.

Eat your calories, drink water, exercise, take rest days, get good sleep, and have patience. You can do it!

Oh, ad read this, great info here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • ianjohnward
    Options
    Thanks!.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)

To be honest, you probably didn't lose 4 lbs in 3 days, it was most likely water weight, which is why it came back.

You'll find that most responders here don't tend to advocate for supplements, as they're expensive, don't work, and can be dangerous as well.

Eating healthy and at a deficit and getting out there MOVING will cause success, that's all you need to do.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    You don't diet to lose weight, you eat below your maintenance needs to lose weight.

You can easily maintain or gain weight by eating healthy or "diet" foods, so it's all about understanding how much food you need to eat.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I wish you well on your journey. you should listen to the good advice given her. You don't need pills, just eat properly and exercise. Feel free to add me!
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Took more than a week to gain o allow more than a week to lose it. Ditch the pills. Eat less. Move more. Relax.
  • lkit403930
    Options
    Try to avoid artificial sweeteners! Lots of them are bad for you and can actually cause bloating. If you want to go sugar-free, use something all natural like Stevia.
    Also, don't stress over day-to-day weight fluctuations. There are so many factors affecting your weight at that moment. If you get upset over a small difference, try weighing less frequently!