Ate a lot less on my date !

Options
I am so proud of myself, and even if this is a small accomplishment, I'm hoping that someone out there will give me a pat on the back. Last night, I went out on a RARE date with my husband (married 23 yrs). We went to "The Keg" then to the movies. First, we shared a caesar salad (usually would have had one myself ). Then only had 1/4 of the bread (usually would have had 3x that). Then had my steak, DID NOT eat my bake potato with all the fixings (to which I would have added butter and salt). Then, at the movie, DID NOT eat Popcorn or drink pop. I felt great. Usually, after a night like that, I would have been so stuffed that it would have hurt !! I am so proud. It's a start.

Replies

• MFR1974
    MFR1974 Posts: 92
    Options
    Way to go! Isn't it great to not be so miserably full that you can't enjoy yourself? I'm so happy for you. Sounds like you are finding the key to unlocking your secret to weight loss. Congrats!!
  • jpmajors
    Options
    That is a great !!! That is NO small accomplishment. And a huge praise to your husband for his obvious support of you. He does us men proud,

Blessings
  • dreamweaver47
    dreamweaver47 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great Job ,Keep up the great work.your will power has taken over.:happy:
  • pahic
    pahic Posts: 4
    Options
    That is GREAT! Way to go!
  • MichellelMattair
    Options
    That is awesome keep up the good work!!!!!!
  • disneymom94
    disneymom94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Last week when I went out with my husband (17 years) we shared a meal and even a dessert. It felt so good to not be stuffed. It just goes to show that you can enjoy one another without all the food. Was it a good movie? Congrats on a great night!
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    That is great!! Good for you. I went on a date with my husband last night too, I had a popcorn though. That is something I have to break myself of!!
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    "It's a start"?

That's a huge deal! Way to go! I wish I had that kind of self control!
  • wyld4eva
    wyld4eva Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That is awesome you should be soooo proud. That showed such will power and strength. My friend always says food addition is one of the most hardest additions to control because unlike some other additions (which are def hard addicitions to kick) they can be completely eliminated from your life unlike food you need that to sustain life.
    You showed much willpower, and I for one i am proud of your accomplisments!!!!!!!!!!

Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change. ~Jim Rohn~
    AND YOU ARE WELL ON YOUR WAY TO CHANGE!
  • johanneleger
    johanneleger Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Your comments will help me on my road to "My New Lifestyle". I feel so emotional, your positive reinforcement has really touched me. Bonne journee, and don't forget to DRINK LOTS OF WATER.
  • kellyhodge
    Options
    Thanks for the friend request! And that is great that you have that much will power. I am doing pretty well with the eating, it is the exercise that I need to get motivated with! Keep up the good work! Together we all can do this!