Green tea?

Options
Hi everyone. I heard green tea helps you lose weight.. Is that true? And if it is, how is it true? And does it have any calories? I'm trying to lose 25 pounds

Replies

• Becka99x
    Becka99x Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's true because 100% natural green tea has no calories, if you buy it with things added it sometimes has like 10 calories or something. In addition it tastes good and the caffeine gets you going :)
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I heard green tea helps you lose weight.. Is that true? And if it is, how is it true? And does it have any calories? I'm trying to lose 25 pounds

Green tea has 0 calories (as long as you don't add anything) and has health benefits but it doesn't do anything to help you lose weight.
  • Cookingcolavita
    Cookingcolavita Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Green tea has tons of antioxidants and health benefits but you can't expect to lose weight just by drinking it. It's an effective and healthy replacement for coffee but you need to eat right and exercise regularly to lose weight. I drink green tea everyday and it helps with detoxing my body and giving me added nutrients. Supposedly it helps burn fat too!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    All tea is full of antioxidants. I prefer black myself. It won't help you lose weight unless you are drinking it instead of say. . . a chocolate milk shake. But it is delicious.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    At most it might helpy ou lose some water weight if you retain water and are often dehydrated. Assuming you drink a few dozen 8oz cups.
  • mrastaffordML
    Options
    Green tea naturally can help you speed up your metabolism. See below:

Green tea has long been heralded for its antioxidant polyphenols. But new evidence shows the active ingredient, catechin, may crank up metabolism. Researchers conducted a series of studies in dieters and found that those who went green lost more weight than those who didn't, suggesting that catechins may improve fat oxidation and thermogenesis, your body's production of energy, or heat, from digestion. But how much do you have to drink? According to one study, if you drink five eight-ounce cups of green tea a day, you can increase your energy expenditure by 90 calories a day. Sounds like a lot of tea, but it's not hard to do if you also drink it iced.