Weight loss help. :)

Options
I weigh 200 lbs, and i know it wont be easy but i have gained alot if weight after my pregnancy. I want to know certain things like what foods to avoid, how mych water, what to eat more of, and id like some effective exercises not too heavy because i an just starting. Thank u :) also sone success stories and how your journey went for sone motivation:)

Replies

• dcberlin10
    dcberlin10 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    No foods to avoid :) just eat in moderation and within your calorie goal!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I weighed 202 after giving birth. I weigh 135 now :-) no foods to avoid, just eat what you like but in moderation.
    Get a food scale, weigh and measure everything you consume and be sure to log it correctly. That's all you need to get started :-) definitely read the sexy pants sticky, it is helpful!!!!!!
  • karelyvazquez3
    karelyvazquez3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What is that? A book? And omg how did you do it? How long did it take you thats awesome! Thats my goal weight!
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    It's a thread here in the forums, just look around for the sexy pants thread( hopefully someone will paste the link for me!) Anyway, I seriously cut out nothing. you can eat what you like, just make it fit into your daily calories. The digital food scale will be your best friend, seriously! Just learn how to weigh, measure and log correctly. :-)
  • karelyvazquez3
    karelyvazquez3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Did you do any exercises?
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Yes, now I do. But when I first started, I just basically got the weighing , measuring, logging down first. And it worked. You just have to eat at a reasonable, but responsible deficit. ( there's no need to starve yourself,) after you get that sorted out, then you can find a, form of exercise that you enjoy.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You eat everything you regularly do, only less, as calorie deficit = weight loss. Good luck!
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I set a goal to lose 1 lb per week (500 calorie deficit), This is incredibly easy to do with a little exercise and making a few minor changes to your existing diet. This can seriously be as simple as a 30 minute brisk walk and avoiding morning coffee creamer (especially if you are drinking more than one cup per day). I an others have found that we typically put in 3 table spoons of coffee creamer instead of one....that's >100 calories in coffee creamer per day...>200 if you drink more than one cup.

Start with moderate exercise and increase with your fitness level. Track your calories and measure your progress once a week (weight, inches, pictures). If the numbers don't change in the direction you want then YOU MAKE THE CHANGE for the coming week. If you are honest with yourself it is almost impossible to fail in this system. Just give yourself time.

I lost 35 lbs in six months time doing this.
  • miniwheatxoxo
    Options
    Read the forums on here. Research on the internet. Read. Read. Read. Educate yourself.

No fads.

No 1200 calorie diets.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Pick a reasonable goal, then eat within your calories. You'll figure out pretty fast what fills you the most for the calories. You don't have to cut anything out, but 'healthier' food will be more filling for less calories.