Late night snacks

Options
What are some good late night snacks? Late night i mean a couple hours after dinner if i get hungry

Replies

• Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Well, right now I happen to be eating a bowl of Cocoa Puffs (100 cal/serving) with unsweetened soy milk (1/2 c = 40 cal.) total= 140 cal

My SIL swears by oatmeal.

My hubby drinks a glass of milk and goes to bed when he wants to snack.

Popcorn is good - - especially if you can air pop. You get a crap-load for pretty low calories. And it is filling.

I sometimes eat cucumbers and hummus. That is protein filled and satisfying.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    What are some good late night snacks? Late night i mean a couple hours after dinner if i get hungry

Depends on what you like. Personally, I like Greek yogurt. If I'm hungry for crunchy food, then veggies and dip or peanuts.
  • karelyvazquez3
    karelyvazquez3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Also are late night snacks bad?
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    CICO applies to any time of day. Just like people who simply don't eat breakfast. They can still lose weight.

I mean, weight loss is still individual, but I haven't seen conclusive MEDICAL evidence that it matters what time you eat. I think some people get upset stomach or acid reflux, but your body is busy even while you are sleeping.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Also are late night snacks bad?

Not if they fit into your calorie goals for the day.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I like something light like cucumber slices. I stay away from dairy before bed because it gives me weird dreams :frown:
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1k worth of calories right now, about an hour before bed. *shrugs*

Calories in vs out for weight loss. Meal timing is personal preference. Balance your nutrient intake for health.
  • HelenaCavanaugh
    HelenaCavanaugh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I crave salt at night. So when a 160 calorie pack of Lays Chips won't cut it I'm all about anchovies. Yes. Anchovies. In crushed red pepper. I realize that I'm not hungry I just want salt. So one serving (5 fillets) usually does it, which a calorie count of roughly 35.
  • Cookingcolavita
    Cookingcolavita Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Night snacks like chips, chocolate, candy are not good because since you won't be exercising or moving much throughout the night (assuming you're sleeping right after eating) then your body will store the unused calories (energy) as fat.

Healthy late night snacks can be a piece of whole wheat bread with 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter, 3/4 cup of greek yogurt with fruit, 1/2 cup cottage cheese and fruit, some almonds and 1/4 cup raisins.... try to make it a small snack but packed with protein, good fats, and carbs. :smile:
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Night snacks like chips, chocolate, candy are not good because since you won't be exercising or moving much throughout the night (assuming you're sleeping right after eating) then your body will store the unused calories (energy) as fat.

Healthy late night snacks can be a piece of whole wheat bread with 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter, 3/4 cup of greek yogurt with fruit, 1/2 cup cottage cheese and fruit, some almonds and 1/4 cup raisins.... try to make it a small snack but packed with protein, good fats, and carbs. :smile:

If this were true I wouldn't have lost any weight and would instead be obese.

Thermodynamics.
  • dcberlin10
    dcberlin10 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

If this were true I wouldn't have lost any weight and would instead be obese.

Thermodynamics.

I know right! I'm about to finish off my 1300 calorie dinner and then go straight to bed