Biggest Loser last week

Options
I have to say I watched the biggest loser last week and i was a little disappointed with Jillian and Bob!! I love them both dont get me wrong....but when the twins gained weight they were so mean to them....i mean i really dont think anyone would intentionally gain weight....but seriously I know how hard it is to lose weight....i do everything that i am supposed to to lose weight and i have weeks where i gain....anyone else feel sorry for the twins last week??

Replies

• chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to watch it. :( But that does sound not very nice of Bob & Jillian. There are weeks when I've gained too.
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I didn't, to be quite obvious. People there have LOST 30lbs in a week, they work them SO hard it doesn't make sense to me that they could have gained almost 10lbs each by accident.

I was really really happy to see Dan (I think) smaller and really happy being with his daughter though :)
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    No, I don't feel bad for them at all. They most obviously threw the weigh in. There is NO way that you can train 4-6 hrs/day, and, esp. as an obese man, not lose weight, if you are eating a normal, healthy diet. To gain 9 lbs in a wk - think about it! What would you have to eat, in order to gain 9 lbs in one wk! Esp. while working out that much. And they BOTH did it, not just one, which means they were working together on this plan, to send the one twin home.

I am not at all surprised by Bob and Jillian's reactions. There are sooooooo many people that applied to be on the ranch, to have a chance, and the twins basically just threw it back. Granted, you don't know how hard it will hit you, being away from your family, etc. but being on the ranch is a once in a lifetime chance, to get your life and your health back, and they just threw it away.

Personally, I think it's pathetic and irresponsible behavior, but whatever. As long as the twins get their act together in the long run, that's what counts. We'll see how Bob and Jillian take it out on the remaining twin this Tues, which I'm sure they will.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Haven't got around to watching it yet, must try later today as tomorrows will be recording..then I'll be way behind.
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    They did intentionally gain weight because one of the brothers wanted to go home...I have watched the entire season from day one and the brothers have excuse after excuse, they do not work as hard as the others in the house and they both have greatly expressed how they wanted to go home...If you are on that strict work out, eating pattern etc that they have and you follow it, its impossible to gain 9 lbs in one week, that is why jillian and bob were very uneasy with them...I'm glad the one guy went home though, he's doing awesome now and I think the brother who stayed will do an awesome job now because he dont have his brother crying on his shoulder...
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    It is ultimately a game, and there is a lot more going on than your normal weight loss journey - I have to admit I was sceptical. Gaining a pound or two, maybe, but both of them gaining 8 with all of the working out they do? I don't like to think anyone would intentionally gain, but I don't know....
  • PepsiGal
    PepsiGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I felt bad for the twins too. I noticed that Jillian gave the eliminated twin an awkward, quick hug and I could tell she was deeply disappointed in him. I wondered how the heck the twins gained 9 lbs each? Did they secretly splurged? Do they prepare their own meals at the ranch? The eliminated twin did have emotional issues to work through but managed to lose weight at home.
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I too watched the show. I feel like they did something to gain that weight. You can't work out that hard every day and gain nine pounds each. The one that left was missing his daughter so much. I really feel they throwed it so that he could be eliminated. So in answer to your question no I do not feel bad for him and I don't think Bob and Julian were to hard. There are lots of people that would love to be there getting the help offered and they seem to throw it away.
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i dont miss the biggest loser; i actually got selected 2 go, but then couldnt cuz of personal reasons...
    anyway i agree with every 1 here; WHEN u go there, these people are there 4 a main reason. & it aint jus 2 win all that money in thje piggy bank.... the coaches are very hard, very mean... that can b a good thing; in a way!!! but 1 has 2 ponder this..... do they ever tell them how great u did, keep it up at the end of the day when all is said, ate, & done???? :wink:
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    They took the opportunity away from someone who truely wanted to be there and work hard. No one on TBL gains 9lbs without it being intentional not to mention it was both of them. Good for him that he was able to lose weight on his own, but seriously that was beyond rediculous. Oh and the unknowns (well the knowns now) I really dislike the approach to this season and the way they are acting....throwing their eggs over the wall really. Its petty and I really didnt think that was the image TBL was promoting to its viewers.
  • brittybee23
    brittybee23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not to change the subject, but i watched it last night and the Yellow Team bugs the living day-lights out of me!!! : )
  • girlsaint
    girlsaint Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am too competitive I think. I have zero compassion maybe. A better move for the girl that voted would have been to vote out the brother that did NOT want to go home. It would have given them another week with Dan throwing the competitions so that none of them would have to leave. Hmmm.... I guess that makes me kind of mean, but there is a lot at stake there. I want Courtney to win it.
    She has great determination and no excuses.
  • thehobbyist
    Options
    Oh and the unknowns (well the knowns now) I really dislike the approach to this season and the way they are acting....throwing their eggs over the wall really. Its petty and I really didnt think that was the image TBL was promoting to its viewers.
    Oh my gosh, I agree. What I hate abut the unknowns is that they act like the other team is inferior for actually competing in challenges and wanting to win it when they don't know a thing about how hard it is to be losing weight and having to vote people off. It's obvious they have the advantage of some of the strongest players, including the "look at us, we're natural leaders so we get to judge and blame people" yellow team, but I really hope the players at the ranch can pull together, possibly under the leadership of that one hardcore aqua girl who already lost a bunch of weight.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Now I'm agreeing with the rest of you. Since i didn't watch the show, I didn't know they'd both gained 10 POUNDS? That's a lot. I'd be more understanding with 5 or so, but 10? This reminds me of a few seasons ago when the red team did something like this. Every week she'd have something to say about gaining weight or a complaint, it seemed. I don't remember her name, though.
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    honestly sometimes i wonder about that show. like there are so many weighs u can throw ur weight... am i the only one who wonders if people use laxatives, vomit, or severely restrict calories? and how bout the opposite? you could eat alot just before the weigh in or drink- maybe put weights in their shorts..idk!! i mean obviously they threw the weigh in big time!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    honestly sometimes i wonder about that show. like there are so many weighs u can throw ur weight... am i the only one who wonders if people use laxatives, vomit, or severely restrict calories? and how bout the opposite? you could eat alot just before the weigh in or drink- maybe put weights in their shorts..idk!! i mean obviously they threw the weigh in big time!

ive always thought about that too! I mean i really dont see how someone could gain that much in a week but still, what if it wasnt intentional? thats like you guys being rude and mean to me because i gained a pound this last week---after I ate under my calorie goal everyday and burned almost 800 calories everyday!!! I mean there is no proof that it was intentional!!! Who are we to say they threw the weigh in....i mean we dont personally know them....so we dont know...i dont think we have any right to judge them either way! I do hate that someone else did lose a place on the show and the twins went on there and gained but it could have been an accident----last chance workout, drinking tons of water, weighing right after a meal---they could have just retained a ton of water....been constipated or anything....i know it seems strange but we dont know it was on purpose!!!
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options

ive always thought about that too! I mean i really dont see how someone could gain that much in a week but still, what if it wasnt intentional? thats like you guys being rude and mean to me because i gained a pound this last week---after I ate under my calorie goal everyday and burned almost 800 calories everyday!!! I mean there is no proof that it was intentional!!! Who are we to say they threw the weigh in....i mean we dont personally know them....so we dont know...i dont think we have any right to judge them either way! I do hate that someone else did lose a place on the show and the twins went on there and gained but it could have been an accident----last chance workout, drinking tons of water, weighing right after a meal---they could have just retained a ton of water....been constipated or anything....i know it seems strange but we dont know it was on purpose!!!

It was no doubt done on purpose. The contestants make their own food. That is the only control they have in their diets. They have an grueling exercise schedule, and according to Courtney, she saw how they were working out hard every day, like the rest, which means that they had to overeat in order to gain 9 lbs. Yes, you can gain a couple of lbs of weight in a wk, if you don't watch your diet, eat lots of food high in salt that will cause you to retain water, and/or are premenstrual. But to gain 9 lbs in a wk! That is almost impossible to do, UNLESS you are trying to overeat. Seriously.

How much weight can you gain in a wk? Me, if I'm on vacation, not exercising AT ALL, and eating like a pig, I can gain 3-5 lbs. That is if I am NOT exercising at all. These guys were working out like crazy, and STILL managed to gain 9 lbs. They must have been sneaking out at night to the all night buffets.....I doubt they're premenstrual.