Carbs

Options
If I have'nt eaten any carbs I am unable to sleep at night, is this common?.

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I'm more curious how you can go an entire day without eating a single carb?

ETA:and stop taking that fat burner stuff. It will make you sick

http://fat-burner-guide.com/reviews/phen375/

here's some links to actual help you lose weight and not hurt yourself. Learn sustainable habits and prosper, not suffer. This is a game of patience, not a race.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Oh, just wait until you experience the other fun side effects of ketosis. You'll smell like nail polish remover, feel really lethargic, and still can gain weight. :devil:

Trust me, I experienced a severe ketosis caused by undiagnosed type 1 diabetes that ended up resulting in a three-day, all-inclusive, vacation to the local hospital's ICU for ketoacidosis.
  • Jetta_C
    Jetta_C Posts: 58
    Options
    You are describing ketosis. Insomnia is a pretty common side effect and is even when you are doing a higher carb diet but losing quickly (at least it was for me). If it bugs you enough, add a few more carbs in (I do berries early in the day and something like tomatoes at night, so nothing starchy but still a few grams of carbohydrate). Otherwise, chamomile tea and/or a sleeping pill :)
  • ianjohnward
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, I did eat carbs at breakfast and lunchtime but come bedtime obviously not enough so I had a sandwich (whole meal bread) a slept no problem.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You are describing ketosis. Insomnia is a pretty common side effect and is even when you are doing a higher carb diet but losing quickly (at least it was for me). If it bugs you enough, add a few more carbs in (I do berries early in the day and something like tomatoes at night, so nothing starchy but still a few grams of carbohydrate). Otherwise, chamomile tea and/or a sleeping pill :)

Yep, sleeping pills are a really good idea. What? Change your diet if it is causing you not to sleep instead sounds a lot more sensible to me.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    That's almost impossible
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    There's carbs in everything you have just eaten really low maybe, and you shouldn't. Carb cycle sure, but never eat permanently low on carbs, it's the primary source of energy for the brain if not the whole body.

If you can't sleep after eating really low on carbs it might mean your brain is starved and maybe in fight or flight mode increasing your adrenalin and your energy levels. or maybe you just can't sleep like alot of people on this earth, that is common.

i suffer ensomnia and Sleep apnea but that has nothing to do with carbs, everything to do with total diet, stress, and lifestyle and genetics, in my case my grandfather and father on my dads side were both really light sleepers and i am too we wake up at the slightest movement in the house and in my case i toss and turn every night, dream but well aware of what is going on around me for the most part, my brother however follows my mums side that can sleep through anything.. That has nothing to do with eating carbs.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    That's almost impossible
    +1