Gained weight on maitaince, what I should do?

Options
Okay long story short - After reaching my goal (50kg, I'm 165cm tall) I did go on maitaince and everything is fine, but now I gained 2 kgs and I feel awful! I'm so ashamed of myself and I feel really fat i know that 2 kgs are not a big deal, but how to fix it?

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    you gained like 5lbs, and your goal weight is pretty low for someone your height.

How to fix it?

1) poop
    2) drink more water
    3) re-evaluate your logging and/or lower your maintenance caloric intake.

If you exercised to lose weight and now no longer exercise, your maintenance is lower because you expend less energy.
  • jrodri0105
    jrodri0105 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry abt 2 kg. Stop looking at the scale & start keeping measurements.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    How to fix it?.......calorie deficit for a couple of weeks, it's 2 kg!
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    At your height 50 kilos puts you at a BMI of approx 18.4 which is quite low, perhaps you should focus more on body fat percentage than scales. Do you have enough excess body fat to lose those additional two kilos?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I agree. You're at the very low end of healthy bmi. You talk about feeling shame at a small weight gain when you are very thin. You call yourself fat when you are obviously very thin. Do you have issues than just weight that you're coping with?
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    If you gained weight you probably aren't actually eating at maintenance.

Or, more likely, it could be a normal fluctuation. Just because you are at maintenance doesn't mean your weight won't fluctuate from day to day, or even throughout the day.

Also, has anyone ever told you you look just like Christina Aguilera???
  • flow2512
    flow2512 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Okay long story short - After reaching my goal (50kg, I'm 165cm tall) I did go on maitaince and everything is fine, but now I gained 2 kgs and I feel awful! I'm so ashamed of myself and I feel really fat i know that 2 kgs are not a big deal, but how to fix it?

I know how you feel !!
    I lost 80 lbs (5 ft 5") to get to my first target weight of 135 lbs - I would like to carry on until I got to 125 lbs, but due to pressure from my husband, saying that I had lost enough, etc, etc. I decided to stay between 135 - 139 lbs, which I upped my calories and stayed for a few months, but this last week, I reached the 139 lbs and I felt as fat as I was when I was 215 lbs, my husband and friends all say I look fine, even better - but I don't and have started logging and counting to get back to the 135, but carry on a little bit further, so I know people say, it's only 2 kg, but it feels a lot more to you and me. Good luck
  • In saying you went on maintenance, this implies some changes. Can you tell us what those changes were? Just a few things I'd want to consider:

1. Like Jeff said, your weight can easily vary by a few pounds just from water weight changes. Be sure you're drinking *enough* water, and watch your sodium intake.
    2. Changes in exercise?
    3. Changes in diet composition, or timing of what you eat at what time of the day?
    4. Over what kind of period of time are we talking about?
    5. Fiber?

If you can elaborate on the changes from before -> maintenance that would help.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    If you gained weight you probably aren't actually eating at maintenance.

Or, more likely, it could be a normal fluctuation.

^ This.

Weight regularly fluctuates and is often just down to water retention
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Its either water retention, or you need to drop more calories a day to get at maintenance.