Ate a massive pizza and too scared to get on the scales

Options
Like the title says, it had double pepperoni and extra cheese. 12 inch.

What do you do when you've messed up?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you ate a pizza, you didnt kill someone!

so dont get on the scales if you dont want to...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just move on. It's one day and there is nothing wrong with enjoying food. You have to look at your calories over a week. One day will not stop anything.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on, its over, today's a new day.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Like the title says, it had double pepperoni and extra cheese. 12 inch.

What do you do when you've messed up?
    Why have you messed up? Did you enjoy it? My guess is yes. You just carry on with the next day one Pizza wont destroy you or your progress. Life happens events happen. Sometimes we want a pizza or even shock horror some chocolate. Don't vilify yourself for living
  • richardstock1
    Options
    Don't worry. Just make sure you eat slightly less over the next few days to keep your weekly goal.
    Or up your exercise a little to compensate.

We all do it, I have :)
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    12 inch isn't massive lol... its fine, just skip the scale this week.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    All this guilt tied up with eating food (which we have to do to live, btw) is really unhealthy. Log it, move on. Try and work some of your favorite foods into the mix each week. Otherwise, the guilt is going to kill you. (Not literally, of course.)
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    5 words for you:
    Don't Stress And Move On.

So you ate a pizza? Everyone has the odd 'cheat' meal once in a while. It won't have any affect on your progress long term.
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sooooo..... DON'T get on the scale for a few days? :)
  • cat_monster
    cat_monster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Apparently it would have had 2100 calories!

I'm one of those people who weighs themselves every day.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

2100 calories, not even a full pound.

Not a big deal, get on the scale, if you weigh yourself everyday you already know your body fluctuates.
    I bet you will be within your normal range.
  • skilvington
    skilvington Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it, it's done. . . Maybe try and work out why you ate it, and how you can make a different choice next time.

Many people will say don't weigh every day, as there are natural fluctuations in your weight, so just because the scale has gone up, doesn't mean it won't be down the next day. Weekly weighing gives you a much better overall view of what is going on.

Your pizza doesn't mean you have failed/done bad, you are just human. Move on and focus on today, tomorrow etc.

Good luck x
  • JessGWise
    JessGWise Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole pizza Sunday, and it was delicious. Just chill. Eating a pizza isn't going to make you gain 20 pounds overnight. Hell, a 2000 calorie pizza as adowe pointed out, doesn't even equal a full pound gain. You'll be fine. Keep on keeping on!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

Make sure you understand the body has natural water weight fluctuations. Even if you gain a lb today it could be gone tomorrow.
  • Female_On_Fire
    Female_On_Fire Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the scale and just start over. Every day is a new day.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Overeating something like pizza or anything really carby will also replenish glycogen stores so don't be shocked if you are 2-3lbs heavier. A pizza has a lot of sodium so that will also contribute. I found when I had a binge day, I'd over eat maybe 1500-2000 calories I'd immediately gain 2-3lbs which we all know is physically impossible as 1lb or fat = 3500 calories. Don't *kitten* the bed, move on and it may do you good to see the 3lbs fall off over the week so you know for next time that you didn't "ruin everything" Remember, it's not fat... a lot of things contribute to scale weight so just keep on keeping on.

ETA: I've smashed 2000 cals in 30 minutes before :) IT HAPPENS to everyone lol
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I punish myself with a double cardio that day followed up by 3 days at 1200 calories.

Just kidding.

I log it and move on.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I had pizza for dinner last night too, it was delicious.

Take a few days off the scale and up your water intake. The pizza itself isn't going to make you gain a ton of weight, but the water weight you'll hold because of the high sodium content will. Even if the pizza was 2100 calories, you wouldn't have gone over your TDEE enough to put on even 1lb of fat. So relax.

Also, if you're binging like that, it can be a sign that you're having too big of a caloric deficit each day. Remember that eating to your BMR is important for over all health.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

then you should know weight fluctuates for a number of reasons....
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Even if it was 2100 calories, if you hadn't had the pizza, you weren't going to eat 0 calories, were you? So not only is it not even a pound extra, it's not even 2100 calories 'extra'.

Now I want pizza.