New Girl, New Start, New Friends?

Options
Hey y'all. my name is Sam, and I was on here a long time ago with a different username, but that was before when I wasn't actually ready to lose weight. I'm ready now, and I'm prepared to work hard for my goal. I'm sitting at 223 lbs right now on my 5'1 frame, I'm looking to lose between 80-100 lbs, not sure of an exact goal as of right now. I could really use some good friends to hold me accountable and who I can help cheer on as well :)

Replies

• TheNewDanielle
    Options
    You and I are very similar :). 5'2" and 214 lb. start weight. I am trying to lose almost 100 pounds :). Good luck!
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    added :wink:
  • Jennycupcakes
    Jennycupcakes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam!!! I'm new to this so i'm also looking for inspiration and I would be glad to help you with any advice!! Kudos on being ready this time, it took me FOREVER to make a decision, I guess it's the whole realization of telling yourself "You are HUGE" lol...Welcome and add me as a friend if you want!! :flowerforyou:
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hey there and welcome! I am not quite as short as you but I have about 80 lbs to loose. I will be happy to be your MyFitnessPal pal.
  • bustacapps
    Options
    Good luck chica, feel free to add me!
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    welcome. I am 5ft. and started at 187. My goal is 115. We can do it!!
  • momof26
    momof26 Posts: 83
    Options
    Welcome Sam!
  • fatmatt2009
    Options
    Hello BLWannabe ,

Welcome back , Im Matt , And Im also new here ( 2 weeks on MFP ). There are plenty of supporters and dedicated people here on MFP. I also need to lose 100 lbs, and Im working very hard everyday to reach that goal. Best of luck to you reaching your goal(s). You will find plenty of support and friends right here. Were all here for the same similar reason. Good luck to you.
  • mytribe1234
    Options
    Welcome and I too, have started this journey a few times but guess I wasn't really ready. I am very determined and would be happy to be your myfitnesspal friend as well. Good luck on your journey. Don't forget not to beat yourself up if you "slip up" and have an off day. Tomorrow is a new day and another chance to start fresh. You can do it!!! I know you can.
  • neebelung
    neebelung Posts: 115
    Options
    Hey Sam! Welcome (from another new girl); wishing you much success on your journey to health!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Welcome !! You'd achieve your goal this time around hun *hugs* :)
  • MarriedMama
    Options
    Welcome Back! You can do this...I'm so excited for you!!! It's going to be a great & successful year for us :happy:

Best,
    Marriedmama
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Come on!!! You can do it... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all have had our ups and downs...

L.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! Welcome! :)
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I am a little taller than you (5'5), but we are very close to the same weight. I'm 221, but I was just 223 last week =] Feel free to add me!
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I know you'll do great! I too have a substantial goal of 75-80 lbs. This is my first week. Here's to achievement!
  • skyeblu18
    Options
    Welcome!
  • lynn12
    lynn12 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome, we all need a new start as long as we make the choice to do it and you have taken the first step feel free to add me :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome :) im new to mfp too.
  • VP72
    VP72 Posts: 89
    Options
    Hi Sam,

I'm Vanessa. On my 2nd week. I'm 5ft 5in & my target it to lose 75lbs, lost 5lbs in my first week & have 70lbs to go.
    I have been on here before last year - am still using same user name, but like you wasn't really 100% focused, but am determined to do it this time, no matter how long it takes me!

Please add me as a friend if you would like.

Good Luck!

:smile: