Help Weight Gain with No change in diet or exercise

Options
I have hit the weight loss wall, for the last 4 weeks I have not lost any weight.

I started working out about 6 months ago I weighed 250 lba and had lost 33 lbs up until about 4 weeks ago was seeing continued losses. But for the last 3 weeks have not lost any weight in fact I gained 3 lbs after weighing myself this morning (only weigh once a week). I have continued to monitor my calories, and giving myself only one cheat day a week, I work out 4 times a week, usually 30 min cardio and 30 min weight machines circuit. This mornings weigh in was 220 last week I weighed in at 217. My goal is to be at 200 lbs. Very Frustrated any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Can you open your food diary? Do you use a food scale? And it's possible your cheat day is cancelling things out.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Have you updated your settings of MFP to your current weight? Your alloted calories will decrease as you lose weight. If you haven't, you're still eating for someone who is 250lbs, not 220lbs.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Three weeks timeframe is usually related to normal body fluctuations. The three pounds could have come from water weight retention if you had increased sodium consumption during that time. You mentioned that you "monitor" your calories but are you weighing and measuring your calories?
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? You may need to either increase or decrease your caloric intake. If you are in a plateau, something needs to change to break it. Try going a week without your cheat day and really hit your nutritional goals. When you are having problems, really focus on hitting your exercise and nutritional goals to see if it is because you are really in a plateau or if you just unconsciously started slacking off.

Allan
  • ericdepp
    Options
    My caloric intake is 1450 I am usually only taking in around 1400 per day, except for the cheat day which is usually around 2000 calories. I guess the one good thing is I have lost 3 inches around my waistline, however guess I am concerned that the weight loss stall is going push me backwards. I have even changed my workout to try and jump start the weight loss went from low weight-high reps on the weight machines to heavy weight-low reps but still maintaining 20-30 sec rest between reps. Went from alternating walking and jogging to jogging for the full 30 min. Can stress have an effect, I know right now going through some personal changes which has been a little stressful. thank you to all of you for the advice
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So do you use a food scale? And can you open your diary? Also, 1400 calories for an active male is not a lot of calories. The below link will allow you to make your diary public.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • tombetlej
    tombetlej Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great job on losing 30 pounds!

Are you sure you're really only eating ~1400kcal per day? And only ~2000 on cheat days?

At your age and size, your maintenance calorie allowance is probably somewhere between 2400 and 2700kcal/day based on your height and activity level. If your food logging is correct, you should be losing 1 1/2 - 2 pounds per week.

Check your logging precision. I know myself it's easy to become a little sloppy with my logging over time.