Not losing weight :(

Options
2»

Replies

• Arcaenah
    Arcaenah Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    All great advice here...isn't the MFP community awesome?!! I'd only add that it's a good goal to try not to weigh yourself every day. I struggle with this because I feel like I'm learning more about how my body is reacting to my new healthy lifestyle but as someone said here, the body is confusing! As the wonderful epadmeister said ;) your NET calories is what you need to focus on.

One last recommendation, focus on your carbs macro and try to be aggressive in lowering. I did some research on ketosis and decided to lower my carbs. When I did, I started losing weight a bit faster. Good luck and take it one day at a time!

I know! I have received nothing but great advice and indiscriminate support here, and thank you too for your advice. I will pay more attention to that, I've got to find a good grocery nearby my place in Rome so that I can stock regularly. As soon as I get home I'll clean up my pantry and stock up on fresh fruit and veggies!
    As for my net calories, they're pretty low, should I focus on a netting that goes around 1200 calories a day?
  • Arcaenah
    Options
    I am SO disappointed, I'm not losing weight, I actually got some. My belly is shrinking though, but I was really really sad when looking at the numbers on the scale this morning. I've been keeping a very low caloric intake, although I'm paying attention to all the macros, and exercising regularly. What should I do?
    :sad:

Hey it can be slow sometimes.. don't worry and don't give up.

1.Weigh yourself once a week perhaps on Saturday mornings before breakfast. Your weight changes through the day slightly. so it's best to weigh once a week at a specific time to keep track.

2. Don't just weigh yourself. Measure as well. sometimes the scales do not show the progress that is happening.

3. Do not overestimate your exercise and underestimate your calorie intake. If you're going to the gym, do not read the calories burned off the machines as they are often inaccurate. It's best to invest in a heart rate monitor.

4. You can't expect to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time. So be patient!

All the best! You can do it :flowerforyou:

Thank you, I hope everything is going well for you too :)
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    This is currently happening to me, but taking my measurements parts of my body are decreasing so I can be patient.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I am SO disappointed, I'm not losing weight, I actually got some. My belly is shrinking though, but I was really really sad when looking at the numbers on the scale this morning. I've been keeping a very low caloric intake, although I'm paying attention to all the macros, and exercising regularly. What should I do?
    :sad:

So you are losing fat. That is great right?

Reevaluate this very low calories intake.

What does MFP say when you plug in your stats?

It says my netting is too low :ohwell:

Large deficit for long term can stall weight loss.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough, for one thing. You're barely breaking 1,000 calories a day on most of the days I looked at in your diary. Is there a reason you're not eating more than 1,000 a day?
  • Arcaenah
    Options
    My stomach has shrunk, so I can't take as much food as before. I'm also not able to check on ingredients all the time, since I'm at my parents' now and I'm not the one who's cooking, and I don't feel like stressing her all the time. She tries to meet my needs of course, but we're four people. Plus, except for today, I was snacking constantly, which I thought that would help me keep it up
  • roeroe5
    roeroe5 Posts: 27
    Options
    Really watch what you are drinking. See you love coffee, some brands have more cals than others. LAW - if it goes into your mouth logg it, every lick or sip of anything! (Esp for the initial phase or at a stall)
  • Arcaenah
    Options
    Really watch what you are drinking. See you love coffee, some brands have more cals than others. LAW - if it goes into your mouth logg it, every lick or sip of anything! (Esp for the initial phase or at a stall)

I'm basically driving people crazy, I log everything. I know it might be weird for them, but I really need it to keep everything under control.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya, I am "skinny fat" . I have skinny everywhere but my belly. You know typical out of shape guy. Been going pretty hard for 4 weeks and I've dropped a pound or so, but doesn't appear to do much to the belly.

Just being patient and once I finish a couple rounds of this T25 Gamma going to look at getting some more weight training in there.

I will say I feel much much better. I sometimes have anxiety and over worry about litlte things and since I started working out I feel a lot better and do less of that!

Good luck and keep motivated