Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

what are your favorite high protein snacks?

I'm looking for some high protein, lower fat options for snacks. I love flavored almonds but the calories add up quickly as does the fat. Anyone have a high protein snack they love that won't make too much of a dent in the calorie/fat budget?

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,736 Member
    Grilled chicken breast. Tons of protein, very little fat. Low-fat string cheese, mini babybel light cheese. Beef/turkey jerky.
  • enzosmama
    enzosmama Posts: 134 Member
    1/2 cup of plain fat free greek yogurt with berries and 1 tbsp of chia seeds mixed in
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Hardboiled eggs, cans of tuna, greek yogurt
  • Following for idea's!
  • blabrecque_xo
    blabrecque_xo Posts: 65 Member
    Greek Yogurt
  • wolfie640
    wolfie640 Posts: 49 Member
    Bulk Powders complete protein dessert , the strawberry is nice but the choc caramel is to die for!
  • 1948sixty
    1948sixty Posts: 24 Member
    Edamame. Can buy individual packets, keep in freezer and zap in microwave. I buy them in the pod, so it even takes longer to eat and seems to make more satisfying...sprinkle with just a bit of sea salt.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    bump
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Bulk Powders complete protein dessert , the strawberry is nice but the choc caramel is to die for!

Is that only sold in the UK? Was doing a search online and only seeing it on UK sites...unless I am overlooking it on other sites.
  • DBubbs
    DBubbs Posts: 38 Member
    Cottage cheese.
  • OMG Peanuts in the shell are my favorite, pistachios, any kind of nuts are good sure they add calories but I always have plenty left over from working out so I don't worry about that, you just have to make allowances for them, and as far as the fat it's what they call good fat so no worries again.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Primal strips and vegan protein shakes.
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    I came to the forums to ask the very same thing the other day :) - Under the "search" feature if you put in your question, you can find some great ideas from other MFP members that were wondering the same thing - it seems to be asked often! Lol
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Greek yogurt.

Boiled eggs.

Balance bars (they are with the Power Bars, etc ... I like the Balance brand because they have a nice balance of macros C/P/F is 40/30/30, so a 200 calorie bar tends to have around 15g protein. They also taste better than most bars, IMO)
  • Solar_Cat
    Solar_Cat Posts: 188 Member
    A can of no-salt-added tuna over a bed of greens, sprinkled with lemon juice and red pepper flakes. I know it sounds austere, but I like it!
  • twalker475
    twalker475 Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll do a search to find other threads on this, too.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member
    Protein bars
    Canned tuna
    Greek yogurt
    Chicken
  • lafoto13
    lafoto13 Posts: 23 Member
    yes, greek yogurt with frozen wild blueberries and cinnamon is prob my fave! and this is weird but turkey + cheese rolled up and dipped in mustard. i'm vegetarian so i use light life or Yves veggie deli meats.
    also love almond milk cheese sticks with apple slices.
  • foggy73
    foggy73 Posts: 5 Member
    Eggs, greek yoghurt, cashew nuts, chicken, turkey. Is there an echo in here?.....
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    4oz serving of chicken breast
    1oz of string cheese
    Or
    12 almonds
    Since I grill my chicken in 5lb batches and always have it ready , I usually go with the chicken because it is convient and filling.