Best Fast Food Salad

Options
When you're in a time crunch and didn't get to bring your lunch to work, what's your go-to fast food grilled chicken salad? Which fast food restaurant has the best grilled chicken salad based on the taste, dressing calories, etc.?

Replies

• Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Southwest Salad or Chickfila's Grilled Market Salad. Both are delicious and pretty low cal. Just keep an eye on the dressing you use and how much
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Wendy's Apple Pecan. It's like 600 calories but totally worth it.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    It's not chicken, but I like Wendy's chilli salad... I don't use the tortilla strips or dressing (the salsa and chilli and guac add enough mositure) and it's pretty low cal... can't remember the numbers right now but the database has accurate info.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I like Wendy's Strawberry Fields chicken salad. I don't put all the dressing on it, and just put the dressing in the upside down lid, dip the tines of my fork into it, and enjoy. I believe it's under 500 calories that way. I also leave out the sunflower seed packet. The salad is delicious!
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Panera grilled chicken strawberry poppyseed dressing salad
    Soooooooo good and the entire thing is 350cals and like 29g protein
    Really, it's fantastic and a great price
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Chick fil a market salad. It's 200 calories with no dressing. They usually give you a packet of mixed nuts to go on top thats 80 calories. It has blueberries, strawberries, blue cheese, cabbage, lettuce, and chicken.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    All the above and I would also add the Subway Double Chicken Chopped Salad.

I actually avoid any dressing all together on most salads except if it is just plain lettuce. Then I will just dip the fork in the dressing before I stick the fork into the lettuce. Many times I don't even use a quarter of a serving of dressing this way.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I like subway's double chicken salad with bacon and cheese. I usually use my own dressing, so the overall cal count is pretty low.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Not chicken, but Chipotle salad with barbacoa (you could do the chicken, I guess), fajita veggies, cheese, pico de gallo, and guac. Yum!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I actually really like McDonald's grilled chicken salad.
  • focusedonfitness2015
    focusedonfitness2015 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Subway salads- chopped with Turkey, all veggies, honey mustard dressing= 280 calories ( I think) You can pre-plan it on their website to get total calories prior to having it made
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Wendy's cashew Asian chicken salad. Not great on the sodium but everything else about it is fabulous.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I also vote for the Wendy's Asian Cashew Chicken salad. I usually only need one packet of dressing and pick off the giant red pepper chunks.
  • ivysoror14
    ivysoror14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Panera Bread's Asian Sesame Chicken Salad. 420 calories and really tasty

And if you are in the Chicago area, another go to is Portillo's Chopped Chicken Salad without cheese and bacon and light dressing
  • SummerOBX10
    Options
    Chick-Fil-A's grilled chicken market salad is amazing! Love it with the added nuts packet and berry dressing.

I could eat one of those everyday!
  • shandyw
    shandyw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I don't eat out too often. I have narrowed my choices to Wendy's, Chipotle or Panera. Decisions, decisions!
  • RebeccaMae1983
    RebeccaMae1983 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I actually really like McDonald's grilled chicken salad.

My favorite!
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Port of Subs antipasto salad. I get it with all the fixings (pickles, peppers, olives, etc.) and the shakers, extra vinegar. It's my favorite ever and under 500 calories.
  • mindycredeur
    mindycredeur Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Southwest grilled chicken salad is my go to when I am in a pinch, it's seriously good! Love the dressing! Yum!
  • HellaCarriefornia
    HellaCarriefornia Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think the Wendy's salads taste the best.