Ate a massive pizza and too scared to get on the scales

Options

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You would likely weigh more even if you had a small piece. BUT it isn't fat. It is likely due to the salt, or possibly because it isn't all through your digestion system yet, etc. Log it and move on. If you have this much freak out about weighing then you probably shouldn't weigh every day.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Ok so put it behind you and start again asap. But you might as well know that Just eating a a big pizza will not make much difference to a single days' weight increase in terms of fat. If the scale did go up it would be mainly water retention from all the salt in the pizza and that can go the day after.

Find out how many calories in a pound. I think its about 7000 or something. Anyway its a lot . So lets say you put on a single pound of weight. Is that something to get upset about. You need a bit of perspective.

More importantly worry about why you ate so much pizza in the first place. WEre you hungry. WEre you upset? What was going on. YOu need to avoid whatever that situation was so it does't happen again or your diet will be over in a flash.

I hope that's not your cat in your photo. Its hideous to see what people do their animals. The cat will surely have diabetes and die of over feeding.
  • cdl42
    cdl42 Posts: 41
    Options
    Apparently it would have had 2100 calories!

I'm one of those people who weighs themselves every day.
    Listen my friend you will be fine. We are not defeated by one big splurge. Not to mention that is not as bad as you think. One of the worst things is too much guilt. Get backon track and hold on tight. You've got it in you to do this so do it and remember you are not alone. I have been there so I speak from experience. Besides who's the pretty kitty? You are so get over it and focus on the great work you have done.:drinker:
  • cdl42
    cdl42 Posts: 41
    Options

Some days I can get that much out when I floss my teeth he he he. It really is not as bad as you think.
  • Eoghann
    Eoghann Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Okay so let's put the panic attack aside and look at the facts.

- As others have mentioned there aren't enough calories in that pizza to add more than 2/3rds of a pound in fat to you.
    - If it's weighing on your mind you can easily add and extra bit of exercise to the rest of the week to cancel most of it out.
    - When you get on the scale you may see 1-2lbs of short term gain, but it's not fat.

Eating a 12" pizza isn't a problem. Eating a 12" pizza every day... that might be a problem.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Drink alot of water and just don't weigh yourself for a week. Water weight alone will give you a crazy number on the scale.

Try to imagine what you ate as fuel and use it to fuel some workouts.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I suggest you get on the scale. Avoiding the problem is just going to lead to other "bad" behavior. I'm not saying that eating the pizza is the worst thing ever, but it is to you. You feel like you've cheated and you have no self control. Make yourself live with the consequences. Work those extra calories off or adjust them for the rest of the week. Whether or not you get on the scale won't change anything. Whatever damage is done, it's still done.
  • TaraPara22
    TaraPara22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's fine. Honestly. We all need a so called reward day. All I'd do is instead of having a reward once a week, just go a week without a reward more than, let's say 400 cals. It shouldn't make too much an impact, and everydays a new day.
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You just got to forgive yourself and move on. I had a horrible week last week....gaining about 4 lbs and that weight has already come off this week. My horrible week started with pizza and went down hill from there. I let the pizza slip-up get me down and I stayed down the rest of the week. Accept it and move on. I wish I had. If you're still having a really hard time moving on...then try your best to eat at the lower end of your allotted calorie range for the next couple of days to make up for it so it evens out a bit more.
  • SarahRenee82
    SarahRenee82 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    FORGIVE YOURSELF!!! Life happens....do not beat yourself up. Just dust yourself off the next day and get back on track.

I went to our county fair last night and completely over indulged on fried everything, and my pants still felt too loose to wear when I got up this morning. One bad day will not ruin all of your hard work!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    jump right back on track. I wouldn't weigh myself… that is part of success..just getting righ back on track when you've gone over.. that is life..no big deal and a 12 inch pizza isn't that big. I love Jet's pizza's thin crust 12 inch with pepperoni and it is more than 10000 calories.

So.,…what I have done …i hvae an emergency pizza kit at my place. a 90 calories flatbread that i toast in the oven..then add tomato paste…smash a 35 caloriie baby belle light swiss wedge …and top iwth rediced fat cheese and onion and turkey pepperoni . I bake it..and it gives me my pizza fix for a fraction of the delivery pizza calories.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    jump right back on track. I wouldn't weigh myself… that is part of success..just getting righ back on track when you've gone over.. that is life..no big deal and a 12 inch pizza isn't that big. I love Jet's pizza's thin crust 12 inch with pepperoni and it is more than 10000 calories.

So.,…what I have done …i hvae an emergency pizza kit at my place. a 90 calories flatbread that i toast in the oven..then add tomato paste…smash a 35 caloriie baby belle light swiss wedge …and top iwth rediced fat cheese and onion and turkey pepperoni . I bake it..and it gives me my pizza fix for a fraction of the delivery pizza calories.

lol you just said a 12-inch pizza isn't that bad and that you like a 12-inch pizza that is over 10,000 calories. 10,000 calories is pretty bad.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    10K cals is pretty bad LOL. I highly doubt a thin crust pizza is 10K. Pizza Hut is the most calorie dense I know and it's only 3-350/slice. Even times the 8 that would come in a 12" and that's nowhere near 10K.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Wait a couple days then suck it up and weigh yourself.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Then I'd say weigh yourself. See what 2100 calories (that are probably still sitting there) and a ton of sodium look like on the scale and then move on.
    You can't undo eating a pizza. Your only choice is to move on.
    You CAN decide to ask yourself why you made the decision you did, if you think it would help you in the future (i.e. did you skip a meal or create too big of a deficit etc). And then move on.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    10K cals is pretty bad LOL. I highly doubt a thin crust pizza is 10K. Pizza Hut is the most calorie dense I know and it's only 3-350/slice. Even times the 8 that would come in a 12" and that's nowhere near 10K.

She meant 1000. Their thin crust pizzas are relatively low cal.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Log it, drink lots of water, and stay off the scale for a few days. It's OK. So add me to the list of "move on" posts :flowerforyou:
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options

She meant 1000. Their thin crust pizzas are relatively low cal.

Gotcha, yeah... I've had those same ones. Love the Ristorante pizzas <3
  • pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It's OK! Really, we all do it - sometimes comfort and routine trump our knowledgeable minds and our animal brain starts screaming at us to eat eat eat! Lean Cuisine makes these little 390 calorie frozen deep dish 3 meat pizzas, and they're not as tasty as, say, Dominos but they're good enough and they curb my appetite for pizza - it's my lunch for today, actually!

Don't beat yourself up, though - it's a long road and a permanent lifestyle change and it's impossible to be awesome 100% of the time, even Iron Man screws up ;)
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    I don't call that messing up .. I call it Saturday ! Seriously if your really scared then you need to go elsewhere for help. No one here can fix your problem, of being scared that is.. Do this thing or don't but to eat and whine, that's not acting very grown up :-/..