Scuba

Options
Hey....

Any other Scuba Divers out there? I am currently Certified as a PADI Open Water Diver. Hope to advance soon (I will be taking some specialty courses in the near future.

Adam

Replies

• juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I just got certified as a PADI diver in November - did the open water and nitrox certification at the same time. My brother recommended doing it this way and I thought I'd listen since he has well over 200 dives under his belt. I like the Nitrox because it let's you stay down a little longer. As a runner, apparently runners have very efficient lungs, I can suck through a tank of regular air in no time. The longest I was down with Nitrox was 43 minutes.

Love diving!!!!! I got a dive computer for Christmas and I can't wait until the weather warms up and I can try it out!!!
  • gosioux08
    gosioux08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    PADI Open Water certified since Fall 2011, planning to do Advanced Open Water Diver this summer.

What/where has been your favorite dive so far?
  • Scott2ndGradeTeacher
    Options
    This is one of the benefits of being on the Texas coast. We also have a nice freshwater dive park nearby (about an hour south of Houston) that has several parts of old "Six Flags" rides sunken on the bottom.
  • liftingcoach
    liftingcoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer here. I stopped teaching about ten years ago, as it was a hobby for me (instructors used to be able to dive for free off the boats in south Florida.) The instructors insurance got too expensive to continue paying for just a hobby, so I gave up teaching and only dove recreational. I've been to Bonaire many times, Hawaii, and of course all up and down the east and west coast of Florida, The Florida Keys, and many of the lakes, springs, and caves of Florida. Because of a back injury, I have given it up for the last 6 years, but hope this weight loss will allow me to get back into it. Your Advanced open water cert is an important one that will give you the experience to dive just about anywhere. The more you dive, the better you become. It is a great sport!
  • gosioux08
    gosioux08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That dive park sounds awesome! What is it called?
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer here. I stopped teaching about ten years ago, as it was a hobby for me (instructors used to be able to dive for free off the boats in south Florida.) ....... Your Advanced open water cert is an important one that will give you the experience to dive just about anywhere. The more you dive, the better you become. It is a great sport!

its a great sport
    dive a much as you can you get better as you go
    take any course you can get
    by the best gear you can
  • Scott2ndGradeTeacher
    Options

Mammoth Lake

http://www.mammothlakescuba.com/
  • AdamGrose
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies!!! I was certified last July, and have 20 dives so far. New season starts up at the end of March. Looking forward to it. I'm also thinking about going after my Advanced Open Water rating pretty soon here.

Adam
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Advanced Open Water Diver here. Heading to Utila for some more next month..
  • AdamGrose
    Options
    Sounds like a BLAST, striker!! Have fun!!!

Adam
  • AdamGrose
    Options
    I have family in Houston. Next time I'm over there, I will have to check that out!!

Adam

Mammoth Lake

http://www.mammothlakescuba.com/
  • AdamGrose
    Options
    Update......

I am now have my PADI Advanced Open Water rating, and 56 dives. Probably going back to San Carlos, Mexico soon.

Adam