best home dvds to buy

Options
im looking to try out new work out dvds at home i currently have zumba sculpt and tone and im just waiting on the ministry of sound pump it up one. can anyone reccomended any more work outs from home? iv heard of 30 day shred but what others is there?

Replies

• CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser Carido max and i am only on day 3 and it literally KILLS ME!! LOL but its good because it kicks my *kitten* so i know it has to be working!! I am also a Zumba girl and i love it!!! (if you think Zumba makes you sweat just try this video) !! It definately burns lots of calories!!! I ordered 30 day shred and no more trouble zones both by Jillian Michaels so I will let you know what i think about them!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Beachbody makes a wide variety of home workouts. Power 90, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in Six and many others. I've personally done Power 90 and really enjoy it. Good luck :)
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Options
    I like the kickboxing and step workouts from www.discountworkouts.com. They are around $8 and if you buy two, they ship for free. Each DVD comes with two workouts which is nice. I also like "This is Tae Bo".
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is fun and I love The Firm workouts with the double portioned step and weighted bar. You can get the first at www.beachbody.com and the latter at www.collagevideo.com. Collage Video is great because you can go online and see a short clip of each workout to decide if you like it before you buy it.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I have also heard great things about BeachBody but it is super expensive so if you dont want to spend an arm and a leg i reccommend anything biggest loser or Jillian Michaels!---a lot cheaper and seem to be working for me!
  • Candiceg13
    Options
    I am the at home dvd junkie, mostly because I do not have any other options.... but with that said, I am also a beachbody success story! I have and love Hip Hop Abs, Rockin Body, Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme and Brazil Butt Lift! I have had amazing success and love the programs! They are expensive ( I don't think so for the results u get) but u can get the split payment option (for new customers).....
    I think for the money, beachbody is the way to go........ depending on how u want/like to workout, they have the workout for u! I promise u will not be dissapointed........ and there is a money back guarantee, so...... what do u have to lose (besides calories burned and pounds?) :bigsmile:
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I love The Firm. Some of their latest ones (the pink cases) have mixed reviews, so I recommend that you look at Amazon.com and read through the reviews.

My favorite instructors are Allie, Alison, and Rebecca.

And you can find them at Target, Walmart, even Ulta!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I wanted to purchase some workout DVDs too but was confused as to which one, so instead I went to the library and checked out several DVDs to see which ones I liked. Hopefully this is an option for you. It's so easy to get bored with the same workout DVD. Now I usually have 4-5 DVDs checked out and I can mix it up between cardio, strength-training and pilates. Saved me lots of $$$.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You can preview many popular home DVDs at collagevideo.com.

I'm a Beachbody girl...have done P90X, Insanity, ChaLean Extreme, Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. Currently doing a combo of P90X and Turbo Fire. My absolutely favorite of the bunch, though, is Turbo Fire. Yes, the Beachbody videos are more expensive, however, the key for me when sticking to a program is VARIETY. With programs like P90X/ChaLean Extreme/TurboFire, you get 12+ different workouts for that price rather than 1 or 2.

Another program that I love, that is not produced by Beachbody, is anything by Cathe Friedrich. Check out cathe.com. She's VERY good (but again, a bit pricier than others because of the number of workouts included in the programs). She does offer the option of purchasing the programs as downloads (instead of DVDs) and runs specials from time to time.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I think the library idea is a good one. If you have Netflix, they also have some workout dvds on there. You should try out the dvds before you invest money in them.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Right now I have Cardio Max with Bob Harper, The Original Buns of Steel with Greg Smithey, and 2 tapes with Tony Little, Express abs and Express Buns and Thighs I believe that's what they are called...............I try mixing them up but I have been getting great results with just the Express Abs and OBOS.................I ordered The 30 day Shred and 6 week Six Pack with Jillian ,theShred it With Weights with Jillian , and the Kettlebell Sculpted Body with Bob Harper........can't wait to get those 4 dvd's..............have a new set of kettlebells I've been dying to try out!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jeni719
    jeni719 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been working out with the Biggest Loser Cardio Max and also the Power Walk one. Both of them kick my butt and get me sweating!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    The only workout videos I've tried are from Beachbody, but I've done a lot of them. My favorite of them all is Slim Series, the follow-up to Slim in 6.
  • katzplay62
    Options
    My sister loves the ones by Gilad. She recently loaned 2 to me and wooee the sculpt one had me yelling by the end of the triceps work and its cardio was fun, too! He has a telly show that may be available in your area. Gotta love Tivo. :)

Cheers

Kat
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I love the Firm. I have the absculpt, bodysculpt, and cardiosculp with the fanny lifter. I also have the tapes with the sculpting stick. As you get stronger you add free weights of different sizes. These are the best! They used to be available for purchase at Target but I think you have to buy it online now.
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have also heard great things about BeachBody but it is super expensive so if you dont want to spend an arm and a leg i reccommend anything biggest loser or Jillian Michaels!---a lot cheaper and seem to be working for me!

I totally agree. Any of the Biggest Loser or Jillian Michaels ones rock! Right now I am doing 30 Day Shred, Shred it with Weights, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Weight Loss Yoga, Bootcamp and Yoga Meltdown. I just got the new Jillian Michaels ab workout....which is equally as tough.