I WILL make this work!!

Options
I love the convenience of having this app on my phone, no excuses now. I am new to this and have failed SO many times in the past with keeping up on documenting my calorie intake. I know I eat too much and am way too sedentary and that is why I remain fat or gain so easily once I go off my diet. This has to be an ongoing life style change. I am hoping by using all myfitnesspal has to offer and reach out to others on here, I can stick with it! I need to lose 50lbs, I am turning 35 this year, I don't want to be a fat girl forever. I've always said the 35 would be my year, well I have to have make it MY year. I have just joined a gym and plan on working out 5 days a week. It would be nice to meet others like me on here, some people to share our journey/struggles with.

Replies

• AnnieS1970
    Options
    Good luck. I too am loving the app on my cell phone. Makes things very convienient!
  • Iron_girl11
    Options
    I've just started and need friends so that we can motivate each other throughout the journey :))
    feel free to add me everyone :wink:
  • karenfallison
    karenfallison Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can make this work! It's not easy, but it works for me. Once you make the choice and input everything you eat on a daily basis, it becomes habit. It holds you accountable for your intake. I wish you great luck, feel free to add me!
  • Rhiannonstarr79
    Options
    Thank you, that would be great :)
  • alamarana2885
    alamarana2885 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I restarted this past July. Always looking for more friends on the journey. Feel free to add me!
  • dwljazzman
    dwljazzman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group I log every day feel free to add me or ask advice if you want.

David
  • JordanMK_
    JordanMK_ Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! You will need it!
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Wow, we have so much in common! Also 50 to lose here, I started a few weeks ago and am extremely motivated.

I totally understand about making a big change from yo yo dieting and a sedentary lifestyle. For me, this time truly is different and I firmly believe that calorie counting and activity are key.

Please feel free to add me so we can support and motivate one another! These next six months are going to be a lot of work, but will be so incredibly worth it.
  • Artionis
    Artionis Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love the convenience of having this app on my phone, no excuses now. I am new to this and have failed SO many times in the past with keeping up on documenting my calorie intake. I know I eat too much and am way too sedentary and that is why I remain fat or gain so easily once I go off my diet. This has to be an ongoing life style change. I am hoping by using all myfitnesspal has to offer and reach out to others on here, I can stick with it! I need to lose 50lbs, I am turning 35 this year, I don't want to be a fat girl forever. I've always said the 35 would be my year, well I have to have make it MY year. I have just joined a gym and plan on working out 5 days a week. It would be nice to meet others like me on here, some people to share our journey/struggles with.

Your honesty and self-awareness is so refreshing! Good, good, triple good for you. This time next year you will have accomplished so much to improve your life.