Logging Boot Camp?

Options
Hey Everyone,

So I've been in a boot camp class for about two weeks. Every day the coach does something different and it's exercises that aren't in the MFP database. I KNOW he's kicking my butt, and by the time I leave I'm always completely exhausted, but I have NO IDEA how to properly log the points.

He had us stand on the flat side half-exercise ball and do squats with a 15lb heavy ball
He also had us do kind of a stairs thing on a giant tire
He made us jog in place while tossing a 10 lb heavy ball to a partner for 3 minutes
He made a partner hold a pole while we laid on our stomachs and climbed up the pole as if it were a rope

There were other HARD exercises, but a little unorthodox for MFP. Can anyone help me with figuring out how to log?

Replies

• DonnaMDaniels
    DonnaMDaniels Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i log boot camp under circuit training
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Do you have a HRM? That's really the only way you are going to get an semi-accurate measure of your expenditure.
  • JCLandgren
    Options
    I use a HRM. It seems to be the only way to be somewhat accurate.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    i log boot camp under circuit training

This is what I do also.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I log it under circuit training. It's pretty inflated though. On the runkeeper app there is an exercise you can log as bootcamp. On MFP for me 35 minutes is 350+ calories. On Runkeeper the same time is about 225 or so.

So take that into consideration when eating cals back!
  • alee145
    alee145 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You guys all gave AWESOME answers! Thanks! As far as the HRM, is there one that anyone can recommend as being reliable?
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar FT7 and I love it!
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I do Orangetheory fitness (OTF), which is similar to a boot camp in that every class is different with lots of rotations. I log it as circuit training and enter my HRM calories, which typically fall within the 430-480 range depending on what we do each day.
  • CMASAM22
    Options
    Thanks so much for asking the question. I was just about to try to look up all the separate exercises. I was not about to make light of how haerd I just worked out!!! Kicked my butt but loved it!