Help!!!

Options
So its been about 8days now since i joined and yesterday a friend took some family pictures. I saw them today and i burst out crying. I never realised how fat i actually look. So now half of me wants to eat away my sorrows and the other half doesnt want to eat for the forseeable future.
I really need some ideas on how i can just brush it off and think " im gonna change" cz right now i dont feel like i ever will.

Thanks x-

Replies

• kbarker69
    Options
    No matter what you think you look like in those photos, you've made the right choice to get healthy again! By staying consistent and not giving in to the urge to throw in the towel, you will see continued progress! You didn't get where you are overnight. It took time! You will not get to your goal overnight, it too will take time and determination! You can do it! Don't give up on the person inside who has a goal to be healthier and slimmer.

I've been keeping up with this program now for 50 days. I've lost over 15 pounds so far and have about 71 to go. I will hopefully be half way by the end of June. I've not ever been hungry or deprived. I've just made good calorie choices. Good luck to you. Keep pushing forward and don't give up!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I have had those moments too, but you've come to the right place. Obviously you want to do this the right way and make a lifestyle change, so you know that neither of those options are good choices. You have to want to change, and know that you deserve to have the life you want, and then your mind will change. And remember, we don't gain weight or get out of shape overnight, so we can't expect to "fix" it all over night either! Celebrate the little successes, such as setting small weight loss goals and reaching them, or logging all the food you eat everyday, or making sure to get enough water....just don't celebrate with food, do something that is rewarding for you. You CAN change so don't give up!
  • keta6atl
    Options
    x....don't let those pics get you down!...let them do the total opposite...motivate you!...just understand...losing weight and getting the "you" that you want will take some time...but that is part of the process! Hang in there...and 6 mos down the road (which will come sooner than you think) take another pic of yourself....you will be glad you hung in there!
    stay positive!
    Rob
  • asoltero
    Options
    Take it a day at a time! Remember, it took time to put on the weight, and it will take time for it to come off. Be proud of small achievements, like meeting your calorie goals for the day, or meeting your weekly workout goal. Give yourself credit for all the little everyday achievements, and you'll see that soon enough you'll start seeing results. This picture is just a wake up call, a reminder of why you're doing this, don't let it put you down, use it as motivation.
  • xabbix
    xabbix Posts: 14
    Options
    thanks guys, its just its been like a week now and i havent even lost half a pound. Im always under my calories (usually i can only get about 800a day tbh) and im excersising more than ive done in years.
    Im just feeling a bit like it wont change and i wont lose anything xx
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Just use those photo's as inspiration. Look at them every once in a while to remind yourself of your targets and goals.
  • mands0136
    mands0136 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You need to eat some more calories a day, if you go below 1000 calories a day your body slows down and so will your matabalism, all tha will happen is that you get really hungry and then start to eat again and not loose the weight, 1200 a day is as low as you should go for a woman who is over weight and believe me the weight will come off if you do it that way and have some excersice, also remember that muscle weighs more than fat so if you are toning up the weight loss might not be quite as high.
    Just keep going and eat all the calories that myfitnesspal says to eat for your weight and height.
  • xabbix
    xabbix Posts: 14
    Options
    You need to eat some more calories a day, if you go below 1000 calories a day your body slows down and so will your matabalism, all tha will happen is that you get really hungry and then start to eat again and not loose the weight, 1200 a day is as low as you should go for a woman who is over weight and believe me the weight will come off if you do it that way and have some excersice, also remember that muscle weighs more than fat so if you are toning up the weight loss might not be quite as high.
    Just keep going and eat all the calories that myfitnesspal says to eat for your weight and height.

ive tried tho hun, ive taken to eaten high cal but healthy stuff like nuts cuz i cant physically eat anymore than about 800. and my exercise then takes away most of those cals, so my bodys only getting like 10or something stupid like that :S im finding it so hard xx
  • starzman2003
    Options
    Don't lose hope. Use those photos, and just keep doing what you're doing. Eventually your body will take notice and reward you. Remember also that you may be building muscle up and things inside you are shifting towards the good!