What would Jesus eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I was just curious where in the word you found the actual food that was eaten at our Lords table at Passover. As with the book I begin this discussion with(What would Jesus eat), it concludes it's evidence by using cultural findings and biblical statements, it's not a guide, but more of a history and education on what they ate( fruits, nuts, figs, etc) and how they used different herbs and what type of herbs they used. . I've always been one that appreciates when people quote the word, they also reference to where in the word they are quoting. Something about those Wolves in Sheeps clothing......:smile: Pastor to Pastor that is.......:wink:
    I just love all the disscusion here about Jesus!!

We can continue it via private messages if you wish--I'm not sure I wish to continue a purely scriptural based conversation on the post.
  • arrestaad
    Options
    I was just curious where in the word you found the actual food that was eaten at our Lords table at Passover. As with the book I begin this discussion with(What would Jesus eat), it concludes it's evidence by using cultural findings and biblical statements, it's not a guide, but more of a history and education on what they ate( fruits, nuts, figs, etc) and how they used different herbs and what type of herbs they used. . I've always been one that appreciates when people quote the word, they also reference to where in the word they are quoting. Something about those Wolves in Sheeps clothing......:smile: Pastor to Pastor that is.......:wink:
    I just love all the disscusion here about Jesus!!

We can continue it via private messages if you wish--I'm not sure I wish to continue a purely scriptural based conversation on the post.
  • arrestaad
    Options
    We can continue "IT?" What would be "IT", Sister?? A scriptural based conversation was not what I was looking for when I asked, "If anyone had read the book, WHAT WOULD JESUS EAT." I do appreciate your passion to share what you have read in other books. Learning is a life long achievment. Keep pressing in to Jesus!:smile:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I just got this book. I love it already it is voted the healthiest diet I just read(meaning a mediterrain diet)
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I think that the bible speaks on *NOT* eating certain animals....such as scavengers of the air (certain birds, crow, gulls, etc the obvious ones) and scavengers of the sea like crab, lobsters, etc for health reasons.
    I think it also mentions not to eat things with *paws*....ew...not that I could!
    Any Scavengers weren't *healthy* basically......
    I *love* chicken, beef, but try to limit things like pork (if I eat it at all anymore- blech) and I'm not one for seafood anyway (besides fresh fish such as haddock)...
    But I bet that book makes some good sense!