Down 70 pounds/best day of my life

Options
jenEphur
jenEphur Posts: 33 Member
Hi everyone!

I'm so happy to be able to post a big success story like this one. I have lost 70 (technically 70.4 but who's counting??) pounds to date. I started this journey at 367 pounds. I was a junior in college, extremely unhappy and unable to do much. I was about to turn 21, could barely get around, and was about to apply for jobs that I didn't think I'd get in my health.

I lost 30 pounds before my senior year, and maintained (read as: gained and lost the same pounds again and again) for the past year until I started getting serious again.

I'm not making excuses for why I gained so much weight in college, but it sure was hard. I wish I could go back and tell myself it was okay and food wasn't the answer to my problems. I lost close four family members and my dog, I was engaged and broke that off (although I started losing weight after I broke it off lol), was dealing with the stress of being a first generation college student at an Ivy League school and trying to make it by, etc. I wish I could have done things differently, but I'm not looking into the past, but focusing on the future.

Anyway, here are (hopefully) some pictures! I would like to think the first one is an over representation of what I looked like, but sadly I think that's actually how overweight I was. I'm 23 (well, 20 in that picture) and 5'11.75" tall, so I kept saying to myself that I was carrying it well because I was tall and broad.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d33/jenephur/white_sweater_compare_zps435a6dac.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d33/jenephur/front_face_compare_zpse32abfbb.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d33/jenephur/purple_dress_compare_zpsf5431532.jpg

I am SO HAPPY! I have achieved the best NSVs ever possible, and I live for the days that they happen, such as jogging for 16 minutes in my interval training for my upcoming 5k. Or buying a blazer in a 22 instead of the 28s I started in. Or the dress that I'm wearing in the after picture actually being too loose (it may not appear like it in the picture, but it's definitely falling down today and I'm trying to keep the girls covered at work today) after being so tight in June 2012.

I'm not done by no means. I still have 110ish pounds to go until I'm at a "healthy weight" of 187. But I'm not looking at it like that. I'm looking at it in small increments, such as "oh, I'm only 21.6 pounds away from my heaviest in high school at 275" or "OH! I was 250 and in a 16 in most of high school, and that's only 46.6 pounds away!" or even "whoa...I've almost lost 100 pounds!"

I wanted to share my happiness with everyone, because it's honestly been one of the best days of my life.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to add. I love having new friends.

Jen

EDIT: the pics were too big to show the "after" side, so I just left the URLs for now.

Replies

• boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic post - thanks for sharing your success story. :drinker:
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    WOW! Just WOW! :love:

What a tremedous difference! You are a tall lady like me and your pictures and story are amazing.

A job well done to you. :flowerforyou:
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You look happy and lovely! Great work!
  • ree112
    ree112 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great inspiration for a new member like me. You look amazing.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look amazing!!!
  • Cyanide8Happiness
    Cyanide8Happiness Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are looking really amazing and that dress looks good on you. It is amazing what a difference 70lbs can make! You have inspired me to keep pushing on :-) Thank you and well done!!!
  • ibafishinfool
    ibafishinfool Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    fantastic work
  • AllyMind5Star
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! You are very pretty, by the way.
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! You look younger and brighter :) Enjoy your current success and the success yet to come girl!
  • saraghali
    saraghali Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congratulations
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!!
  • kathy6655
    kathy6655 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job so pleased for you as the saying goes "nothing tastes as good as thin feels."
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Awesome comparison photos. You look amazing. Congrats. Thanks for the inspiration and good luck!
  • jenEphur
    jenEphur Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words and friend requests! It really helps me keep going :)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT!!! Yes, sometimes life will throw punches...but you are riding the high horse now!
  • nicstir
    nicstir Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look great :)
    Great job!
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Your positivity and optimism are contagious! Great work!
  • DaniDC28
    DaniDC28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Loved your post!! I have 70 to lose so this gives me incentive!! I love how happy you sound. :flowerforyou:
  • Justamom410
    Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look amazing and so happy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!