Polar FT4 New HRM :)

Options
I think it was a good investment and from what I hear, the polar series is a good brand.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    i have mine and absolutely adore it
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    If you wear clothes over the chest part or wear long shirts/jackets if it will still accurately do things. I'm still wondering...
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F6, which I bought a couple of years ago. I love it! I was annoyed at having to wear the band, at first, but now I don't mind and after a minute, I don't even notice it. :-)
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have a different HRM, but I too am in love with mine as well!!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I am getting mine soon. I am so excited! I bought it off ebay so I am just waiting for it to arrive. I had the F7 and loved it so I imagine this one will be just as great! Yup as long as you wet it well and it is in the right spot you should have no issues. I wear mine out for walks and even in the winter under many layers I have never had issues.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I wear it under my shirt. Not sure if it would record being over your shirt
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    I've just got the Polar FT40 and think it's fab even though I've only just set it up... feeling like going for a walk/run tomorrow to test it out. Thought the chest strap would be noticeable but it's actually quite comfortable, you forget you have it on after a few mins. Love it!
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have the same one, I wear it under a snowsuit and work perfect. A great tool forsure. Takes the guess work out of it all!
  • beano25
    beano25 Posts: 10
    Options
    call me stupid if you like !! but what does this do ? i understand that it tracks your heart rate but what info does it give to you? am i being a ficko ?? !!
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    call me stupid if you like !! but what does this do ? i understand that it tracks your heart rate but what info does it give to you? am i being a ficko ?? !!
    Not stupid -- it's a great question! Different HRMs have different functions, but mine lets me plug in all of my stats, which it uses with my heart rate to calculate my calories burned. It also tells me how long I was in my target heart rate zone for a workout, stores all my workouts and gives weekly/daily summaries, etc. It's a handy device to have, when you're counting calories in and out.
  • beano25
    beano25 Posts: 10
    Options
    cool, sounds like a great bit of kit. im going to look into these !
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT4 and it's awesome. works in water and yes you can wear it under clothing. I love mine worth every penny!