Been here before

Options
I'm pretty sure this must be at least the 3rd post I've done on the "Introduce Yourself" board in recent years, but I'm back... again.

My weight loss journey first started when I was miserable in my relationship, I had no job, was barely speaking to my family and friends, etc. I lost 70 pounds in 18 months and realised I deserved better. In the last 2 years, I have got a new job (and a promotion within that job), I have a social life, I've learnt to drive, and I've also recently got engaged! Since I've become happy again, I've gained back all of the weight that I lost (give or take a few pounds) and it is bringing me back down.

Now that I have my diagnosis of PCOS, I know exactly what I need to be doing to lose the weight, and getting engaged has given me a goal to work towards. I just need to get myself there.

I welcome all new friends, especially those who are really going to push me and keep me accountable!

I would also appreciate any suggestions people have on getting active in a job which is basically meetings for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week - some of the suggestions I've read for staying active in an office job can't really be done whilst addressing a room full of people! I have started a weekend walk which has turned out to be about 4 miles long but the park I enjoy going to closes shorty after I finish work!

Thanks in advance for your help and support :flowerforyou:

Replies

• vettim16
    vettim16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good for you turning your life around! You have many things to be proud of! I would suggest trying to form a routine for before or after work is possible. I know it can be hard, but even a few days a week can help. I am a receptionist so I sit on my end all day, but I try to walk on lunch if I can, I always take stairs and I figit alot, which I know sounds crazy but it really does work to keep my mind active and myself moving. I am sending you a request! congrats on your engagement!:flowerforyou:
  • LollypopGinger
    LollypopGinger Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you :smile: I have been thinking about starting something after work, even if it's just a couple of nights a week. I am struggling to find the energy for it at the moment but I think maybe joining a group, like Zumba, would keep me on track if people begin to expect me there.
  • RachP71
    RachP71 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to be your friend, I could do with some friends on here to keep on track with :)