Smoothies

Options
I love smoothies and just got a Ninja, which I love. Unfortunately, it didn't include the recipe book! I called the company and its on it's way so in the meantime does anyone have any favorite smoothie recipes they want to share. I saw somewhere on the boards someone posted they had a drink/smoothie they made in the morning that they loved so much they dream about it. I can't find it anywhere now.

Replies

• _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    Smoothies are sooo good!! I make them out of anything I have around the house at the time. Frozen berries or other frozen fruit, bananas, oranges, kiwi, mango...almost any fruit works!! Usually always put some yogurt in, any flavor I have. Then I use a little orange juice, soy milk, almond milk, low fat milk, or any other juice or milk I have around. Usually also add some milled flax seed for nutrients and texture.

That is about it, add some ice and blend!

I know that many people use them to add other supplements and powders, which I have not tried yet. I am thinking that a protein powder would be good to try soon.

I have never really followed a recipe for smoothies, just add whatever I have around or what sounds good at the time and they always turn out delicious!!

Good luck and have fun!!
  • audreyyrose
    Options
    http://findingthinagain.tumblr.com/recipes

the first recipe on this page is an awesome protein fruit smoothie :]
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    I do pineapple mango trop 50 (8oz), low fat vanilla (or strawberry) yogurt (1/4 cup), blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, banana & a piece or two of pineapple. (i never measure fruit, just throw a couple of each in depending on how im feeling that day, tends to be blackberry/raspberry heavy as they're my favorite...too much pineapple can be overpowering b/c the juice has pineapple flavor. & ice haha, sorry forgot to add that the 1st time i posted (:

i love love love this smoothie, but it does get expensive out of season & doesn't taste as good =/
  • mallorynoggle
    Options
    Put 2 cups of ice i cup of milk and 4 tablespoons of chocolate syrup it serves two and it is about 140 calories it is a great snack
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    It's really yummy with protein powder.. Optimum nutritons / vanilla! Vanilla is versatile and like you said it's easy to just make up a great smoothies with out directions :)
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Banana Raspberry Smoothie

1 large sliced ripe banana
    1¼ cups unsweetened frozen raspberries
    5 packets SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener
    ½ cup 1% low-fat milk

DIRECTIONS
    1.Place banana in freezer for 10 minutes or until slightly firm.

2.Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Serve immediately.
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Here, this is my lifesaver, for I love smoothies too:

http://www.splenda.com/search/google_appliance/smoothies

Banana Raspberry Smoothie.
    Peach-Melba-Smoothie Sweet Berry Smoothie Recipe
    Sweet-Berry-Smoothie Fuzzy Orange Smoothie Recipe
    Fuzzy-Orange-Smoothie Mango Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
    ...And lots more!

Enjoy.

Add me :)
  • steampunkgirl
    Options
    Thank you so much!! Can't wait to get started in the morning!! My 10 year old daughter even had a great idea to print them out and put them in a binder. We are going to put a sticker next to each one we have tried and rate them with stars. Really excited to do this with her tomorrow. Thanks everyone for helping us get started!!
  • crobertson1916
    Options
    Mock Neopolitan Ice Cream Meal Replacement Smoothie:

1 cup Yoplait Very Vanilla FF yogurt
    1 cup strawberries - sliced
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use EAS whey protein)
    1/3 cup milk
    Ice - as much as you want to reach your desired consistency.

I calculated the smoothie to be 305 calories. However, if I had used skim milk, it would have been a little less.
  • amsomers510
    Options
    I just added my recipe for a simple smootie. It is called Anne-Marie's Homemade Blueberry, apple, banana smoothie. I did all the calculations for the nutrition.

This makes two servings for a snack or you can use the entire thing for a meal replacement

Obviously you don't need to use organic, but that is the way I eat.

1 cup of organic unsweetened berries (I just prefer a mix of strawberries blueberry's & even a little mango)
    1/2 cup of plain non-fat greek yogurt
    1/2 cup of unfiltered apple juice
    1 banana
    1 tablespoon of ground flax seed

enjoy and let me know what you think. If it is not sweet enough. Add a tsp of honey and make sure you log it :)
  • cherbear82
    Options
    This one gives me lots of energy, and my daughters even love it!
    1 banana
    1/3 cup frozen blueberries (sometimes I add more to make it thicker)
    1/2 cup pomegranate juice
    1 cup kale
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you can throw just about anything in to make a smoothie, it's all about finding what you like and experimenting. Frozen or fresh fruit, milk, greek yogurt if you want a more substantial smoothie, and different sweeteners like honey, agave nectar, or even a little chocolate syrup are good. You can also add stuff like peanut butter. I just made a smoothie by throwing some random stuff in my blender, and it turned out pretty awesome.
  • juliettern
    juliettern Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We freeze over-ripe bananas that don't get eaten quickly enough, so all our smoothies have frozen banana in them. One scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1/2 c of whatever fat free or low cal yogurt you like, one tsp of frozen juice concentrate, and frozen fruit of any kind. Our smoothies are the best! When you use frozen fruit there's no need for ice.
  • IMDABOMBthe0wife0DABEAST
    Options
    bmp
  • steampunkgirl
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will post a picture soon of out little smoothie binder.
    missa555 what does bmp mean?