Zucchini noodles instead of pasta noodles?

Options
Has anyone made "zoodles" and if so, did your kids like it? Pasta night and I'm thinking of using my veggie slicer to do this. Thoughts?

Replies

• meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    i haven't tried giving it to my son (4) or husband, but i honestly love them. last night i made a chicken alfredo and gave the boys pasta while i made zucchini noodles. i didn't have time to cook them (usually just give them a quick saute to warm and soften) but the sauce warmed them nicely and they still had a bit of cruch.

assuming your kids aren't too picky, try slipping it in and see if they notice. they're delicate enough in flavor that they might not notice at all.
  • Gemini61088d
    Options
    My husband and 8 year old boy love them! I usually cook them in a stir fry with lots of veggies and soy or teriyaki sauce and of course onion, garlic and pepper. YUM It's great with pasta sauce too!
  • radario
    radario Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love zucchini noodles! My youngest son does too but my very fussy 3 year old says 'no, I don't eat green spaghetti'.
    Oh and I've also used sliced aubergine/eggplant instead of lasagne sheets - delicious and my family didn't even notice the pasta was missing til I pointed it out.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have a hand-held gadget, a Veggeti, for making spagettii-like zoodles,
    and I've used a vegetable peeler to make flat zoodles.
    Either style is wonderful! I cook the strands in chicken broth, adding butter, salt and pepper.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love them, my husband loved them, the kids not too much. They're still zucchini.
  • fitdoesntquit
    fitdoesntquit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I make them with my Veggetti tool from Bed Bath and Beyond. I just sautee them up with some EVOO, garlic sea salt grinder, pepper, and a nice healthy shake of tumeric! YUM! Tumeric is expensive (and can stain so watch out!) but it's an excellent food remedy for chronic pain management. I shake it in everything.
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love zoodles. I've made them with meat sauce and mushrooms as well as with shrimp and bell peppers in an asian sauce.

My favorite blogger for recipes: www.inspiralized.com
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I make zucchini lasagna and love it. Made done last night with some zucchini out of the garden.
  • lillilanda
    lillilanda Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I do this and my kid loves it, calls it green snakes.