Oatmeal Protien Pancakes

Options
_Bro
_Bro Posts: 437 Member
I love this after my morning workout on the weekends.... (posted this in the wrong forum earlier sorry about the double post)
It's easy to vary and here's one version off the net:

Recipe makes two servings of three, 1/4 cup pancakes
1/2 cup quick egg whites
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese or fat free!
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup frozen, warmed berries with their juices as a topping or sugar free syrup or skip this...

1. Use a bowl or blender to mix in first four ingredients until smooth (add a bit of water)
2. Pour approximately 1/4 cup batter for each pancake -- Check to make sure it's ready with the water/sizzle test
3. When it starts to bubble flip and cook
4. Top with your frozen warmed berries, chopped nuts / etc.

Experiment -- add in some wheat germ try a banana make something that's really tasty that fits in with your goals.
Makes 2 Servings (Three ¼ cup pancakes with ¼ cup strawberries)
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 254.5,
Total Fat: 3.3 g, Saturated Fat: 0.8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.0 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1.0 g
Sodium: 280.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 33.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 5.3 g
Sugars: 2.5 g
Protein: 21.3 g

Replies

• bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sounds very delish! Thanks for sharing
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Here's a similar recipe, but without the baking soda and adding flax seed. Proportions of oats/eggs/cottage cheese is slightly different. One of my favorites!

http://graemethomasonline.com/protein-pancakes-the-worlds-best-breakfast/

1/2 cup oatmeal
    3/4 cup egg white
    2 tbsp flax seeds
    3 tbsp cottage cheese

Toss flax seeds and oatmeal into a blender, grind until almost powderlike. Add cottage cheese and egg white, continue mixing until smooth. Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan, pour batter into pan and cook until bubbles start to form. Flip and continue cooking until cooked through.

Makes 3 large pancakes.

Top with berries, powdered stevia or your favourite low sugar syrup.

Nutrition info: 350 kcal, 9 g fat, 34 g carbohydrates (8 g fibre), 35 g protein
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Here's a similar recipe, but without the baking soda and adding flax seed. Proportions of oats/eggs/cottage cheese is slightly different. One of my favorites!

1/2 cup oatmeal
    3/4 cup egg white
    2 tbsp flax seeds
    3 tbsp cottage cheese

Toss flax seeds and oatmeal into a blender, grind until almost powderlike. Add cottage cheese and egg white, continue mixing until smooth. Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan, pour batter into pan and cook until bubbles start to form. Flip and continue cooking until cooked through.

Makes 3 large pancakes.

That sounds great as well -- thanks for sharing! I will give that a try!
  • veggiegirl314
    Options

1/2 cup oatmeal
    3/4 cup egg white
    2 tbsp flax seeds
    3 tbsp cottage cheese

Makes 3 large pancakes.

I just made these using greek yogurt instead of cottage cheese, and they're DELISH! Thanks for the recipe!
  • Beachbumwannabe
    Options
    bump yumm