I need to eat cheese

Options
2»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you wouldn't be eating it? You should not have to give up any food, just use moderation.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Eat the cheese!!

I usually have string cheese and laughing cow wedges on hand. But honestly some rich and salty cheese like aged gouda goes a long way! You won't be able to eat much. A couple ounces of beautiful decadent cheese, some gorgeous fruit and a lovely glass of wine are the things that make life wonderful!!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    if you eat healthier, healthier foods will be more delicious,. You can change your taste buds.

That being said, one way to eat cheese is feta on a salad. I LOVE feta salad.

also, protein is a good thing.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I agree.. they have some laughing cow cheese thats really good and only 25 calories. Or string cheese is 60. Last time around I thought I was giving up so much (and then i stopped losing weight) and I just went crazy. So... give in a bit here and there. Tweek your other items to fit it in.

I'm sorry, but Laughing Cow and String Cheese are NOT cheese!!! Stilton, Vintage Cheddar, Gorgonzola, Stinking Bishop, Wensleydale - they are a cheese!!
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Cheese is one of the foods that I make room for. I don't need much, but I eat it regularly. There are so many varieties that you can never get bored with it. And don't start me on vintage cheddar with Marmite! ALMOST better than sex!! :smokin:
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but Laughing Cow and String Cheese are NOT cheese!!! Stilton, Vintage Cheddar, Gorgonzola, Stinking Bishop, Wensleydale - they are a cheese!!

I'm totally with you here - I wouldn't care if laughing cow only had 1 calorie - it's rank, and it is not cheese. There are some swaps I will happily make - I can live with skimmed milk. I can handle chicken breast instead of thighs. I've even learned to live with low cal mayo (it's not real mayo, but it works well enough). But, I'd rather save up my calories for Stilton, or maybe some Camembert, or if desperate a bit of Brie.

Sod the crackers too - they are wasted calories - I get more cheese if I skip them! :
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cheese and marmite!! Not had it for years! Yum!

That's lunch sorted for tomorrow! :)
  • bridgethuck
    Options
    My compromise for cheese are the new thin slices with only 40 calories by Sargento...I avoid the really fattening cheese but can have a few crackers with one of those thin slices cut up or a real slice of cheese. They have like 10 different kinds. Some might say that isn't cheese at all but as I am not from Wisconsin it is pretty darn tasty to me and only 40 calories when thin! :-)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If you force yourself to give up foods you enjoy, you are far more likely to fall off the wagon along the way and end up having to start over. You need to find a way to make this a sustainable lifestyle change. Slow weight loss, that allows you to continue to live your life and enjoy your food, is the best way to go and far more likely to lead to permanent success.

Eat those things you like, but work them in. If you are set at 1200 calories a day, well, for most people that is simply too low a goal anyway and you would be best re-assessing that.

I like emmental cheese and goat cheese. I have some goat cheese every evening as part of my dinner.
  • KathrynEMcGrady
    Options
    cheese is love. cheese is life.

YES.
  • fitcrt
    fitcrt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    A 60 calorie Sargento Sharp Cheddar Cheese Stick is my afternoon snack almost every day =0)