Tall girls! How much did you loose before someone noticed?

Options
In 5ft 10 and know that last time I lost weight, it took a lot of lbs before people started to notice.

How many pounds did you loose before you started getting comments?

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 5'10" depending on when I'm measured.
    I've let go of (loosed) almost 50 lb so far, and probably 10 lb ago my ex's mother gave me a compliment.
    Other than that, I don't think people have noticed.
    I'm also not very social, so am not around people much to be noticed.
    (Though this afternoon after our 1-hour walk together - we're workout buddies - I did take a shower at his place, and it's the first he's seen me naked in a couple years, and he says there's a definite difference.) :happy: :bigsmile:

lose = /looz/ to fail to keep or hold

loose = /loos/ not tightly fastened, attached, or held; not pulled or stretched tight
  • carolineat111
    carolineat111 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much I have to lose. When I had 60lbs of baby weight to lose, it took a good 20-25lbs for people to notice. Now I'm losing/toning/gaining muscle and way more people are noticing changes and I've only lost 10lbs.

ETA: I'm 5'10" and weigh 160lbs.
  • Muscles_and_lipstick
    Muscles_and_lipstick Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and people usually start to notice at the 20 pound mark
  • fitcrt
    fitcrt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" & no one has noticed except my husband.
  • leefytree
    leefytree Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and the only time people noticed was when I dropped 30 lbs quickly over the course of three months. Even then, people didn't say "you lost weight!" but more so "you look good!"
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and have a total of 60 pounds to lose and it took over 30 pounds before anyone besides my husband noticed.
  • iamladygusta
    Options
    In 5ft 10 and know that last time I lost weight, it took a lot of lbs before people started to notice.

How many pounds did you loose before you started getting comments?

Oh my word! I was about to post the same question! Haha. Ive been getting anxious because people I see day to day haven't really said anything (I've lost 30lbs). But my family that I only see every month or so saw me after I had lost a full 20lbs and noticed. I'm 5'10".
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I qualify as tall at 5'7"-8"ish, but people tended to start noticing around 15-20lbs, I think. The big thing I got, though, was the "there's no way you weighed that much" comment.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I've lost 66lbs and only one person (other than the husband who sees me naked, and my kids) has really commented... 66lbs!! ffs

ETA: Whoops... 2 people sorry. My close friend who is also an mfp buddy and my neighor/friend.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'm under 5'9", started at 250. The comments didn't really start until I'd lost 25-30 pounds.

Lately, it's been insane. Every ten pounds, people are noticing change. Honestly, except for the fact that my belly was no longer so huge that it flopped down due to gravity, lol, I didn't notice much change until recently.

I'm still fat, but am beginning to see real difference. Just beginning to see what I'll look like when I'm thin.

It's getting harder. I had to increase my pool workout from 20 to 25 to 30 minutes. And that's the part with weights, not the lying on my back and looking at the sky or swirling around or whatnot.

I also use "heavier" weight. (Bigger containers full of air.)
  • seamandi
    seamandi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'10, I lost 30 pounds before anyone noticed, including myself. If you're like me, you gain and lose weight all over, not just in you torso. I finally noticed my pants were getting loose and got on the scale and shocked!
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I went from 250 down to about 206 before coworkers and friends noticed.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and it took over 50 pounds before people (other than my immediate family) noticed. Several members of my family saw me a couple months ago and never said a word!

I'm not letting that bother me, though. I'm not doing this for compliments. Eventually, it will HAVE to show to everyone. I can wait. :-)
  • kaley123x
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and started off at 245 and people didnt start noticing until i hit 220. I'm at 209 right now and those 11 pounds have been more noticeable I guess because now I've been getting more comments.
  • lomille
    lomille Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good to hear I'm not alone! I'm 5ft 11 and I can't remember how many pounds it took last but I think 20-30! I guess the positive is that it probably takes longer for people to notice when we put on weight!
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Same as everyone else pretty much. I lost 25lbs before anyone noticed (aside from my partner), and about 30lbs before most people noticed. Oh and I'm 6'1".
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    5'10" here, 50 pounds before anyone blinks twice. It is rather depressing to really work at losing weight, and no one notices. I have decided to work on internal rewards, rather than expect external kudos.

That being said, I can go 30 pounds, and wear the same clothes.
  • legless11
    legless11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    About now, which is 8lb (I restarted MFP after a few weeks of dieting which is why ticker shows 2lb), people say its noticeable in my face mainly, but work colleagues keep asking if I've lost weight. I'm 5'10"
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else but I tend to wear my clothes until they are far too loose.

No one seems to notice my loss and then when I start wearing smaller clothes on the same size body, they suddenly notice.