Stronger, Better, Faster Fitness Challenge, August 26th

Options
Hi all,

Yesterday I had major trauma when I made the mistake of looking at the scale number at the Drs. Against the last time I had weighed, it was up six pounds. I'm just going on the theory that it wasn't accurate, a different scale, I had just eaten lunch was wearing shoes, blah,blahblah. . . and trying not to care. . .but I was amazed at how upsetting it was. I ended up wearing my sunglasses home to hide the fact that I was close to tears. I came home and measured myself and with the exception of my butt, I'm actually smaller everywhere (I was having a flat-butt situation, so that was actually my goal)

Anyways, I've remembered why I hate the scale.

Today is spinning and weights.

Happy workouts! (and stay away from scales. . .:wink: )

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Yesterday I had major trauma when I made the mistake of looking at the scale number at the Drs. Against the last time I had weighed, it was up six pounds. I'm just going on the theory that it wasn't accurate, a different scale, I had just eaten lunch was wearing shoes, blah,blahblah. . . and trying not to care. . .but I was amazed at how upsetting it was. I ended up wearing my sunglasses home to hide the fact that I was close to tears. I came home and measured myself and with the exception of my butt, I'm actually smaller everywhere (I was having a flat-butt situation, so that was actually my goal)

Anyways, I've remembered why I hate the scale.

Today is spinning and weights.

Happy workouts! (and stay away from scales. . .:wink: )
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I was loving the scale this morning! Im down to 194.5! Yay!! 4 lbs to my goal!!

I hope to burn at least 300 cals today. I can now do one REAL push up so will be starting the 100 push up thing over but with real ones now haha
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Today is going to be P90x Back & Biceps along with the Ab Ripper. Can't wait! The day just isn't going fast enough though. :laugh:

Depending on how tired I am after that and if my bf is home yet, I might throw in some cardio too. We'll see.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Hang in there V. It amazes me sometimes how weak I can be, when it comes to my weight. It is a daily struggle to accept who I am. Yoga helps.

I'm sore today. I knew I would be during weights last night. For the first time, I had to stop during legs and stretch, my hamstrings were killing me (I always have to take a break, or cheat, during abs, but my legs are usually pretty strong). We did warrior 1 with the back heal raised during yoga, and I guess I was doing it correctly, because it burned! I also walked for about an hour yesterday. My teacher is prepping me for the workshop, which is very sweet of her.

Today, maybe just walking. If I feel great this afternoon, maybe kickboxing or elliptical.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    You guys (ladies, men, whoever you are) have more energy than I do apparently. I worked in the yard for 45 minutes and my arms feel like they are going to fall off. I know part of that is from working them out so hard yesterday. I decided to have an easy arm day today, especially after the yard work. So It's either Taebo abs or butt. Not sure which I want to be really sore in tomorrow. :laugh:
    I stayed within my calories yesterday and that included having some frozen yogurt with Reese's peanut butter cups at the end of the day. I drank 64 ounces of water and 8 oz juice. So if everyday was as good as yesterday then I would probably get this weight off.
    On a totally different note my son has learned to go to the potty by himself! He doesn't put the seat up yet (he's 2.5) and he has a hard time pulling his underwear back up. He runs into the bathroom every 5-10 minutes, pulls down his undies and stands on his step stool until he goes or decides he doesn't have to. :laugh: What a cutie. Makes me laugh everyday.
    All right ladies. Have a great day! Stay away from the scales if they are your enemy!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hang in there V. It amazes me sometimes how weak I can be, when it comes to my weight. It is a daily struggle to accept who I am. Yoga helps.

I

Amen to "yoga helps." Last night I was very upset, and wanted to skip yoga and pout. My husband essentially dragged me to the yoga studio. He said "you're a different person after yoga. I want to hang out with HER tonight." . . .and it's true. there's something about using your body at the level that it's at, and pushing past that level slowly that is so powerful. Also, I was next to new people, and the teacher paid me a compliment by saying "watch vivia, she has good form".

Hooray! Yoga!:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Afternoon ladies. Beautiful sunny day here in New York. I did my Turbo Jam at 5 a.m. and then worked in the yard for an hour and just got back from an hour of walking/jogging with five rambunctious kids.

Happy workouts all:heart:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hey there Viv, :flowerforyou:

Isn't it amazing how we can get so emotionally derailed by something like that? Good for your husband to know what is good for you! :wink: You are doing so great - and the measurements just reinforce that point even more. (I am starting to get a little worried about the flat butt myself - I have NEVER had a flat butt! That's not what I'm looking for!)

I went to aerobics (but easy on the foot) and did my pushups last night. Tonight I'm stuck at work for a while longer, but should be able to get over the gym for some elliptical time. Oh! And it looks like I suddenly lost 2.5 lbs this week! :noway: I recorded it as only 1.5 because I don't trust the scale. I also just changed my goal weight from 140 to 150 (based on the body fat test I had in June), and changed my weekly goal from 2lbs to 1lb. I am logging my food again, so we'll see how I do with a couple hundred more calories every day. :drinker:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Cranked out Back & Biceps and Ab Ripper X. Whoohooo! Didn't burn a tremendous amount of calories, but boy are my muscles pumpin'!