Counting calories burned question?

Options
Hi I'm new here, and I have a question about counting calories that I burn off.
If I walk on the treadmill for a few mins and then start to jog (at about 5 mph or so) and then walk again for a few mins how do I calculate that? Do I put it under walking? Or jogging? And how mins do I mark? Do I just split the time or do I have to write down how long I did each thing for? And also how do I calculate what my speed is when I walk around my neighbor hood?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section like I said I'm new here, thanks in advance!

Replies

• dickrocketjones
    dickrocketjones Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I do a combination of walking and running. i've recently started wearing a hrm which has helped out. however, before then i would call it all walking and then find my average speed. 4mph, 3.5mph 3.0mph etc. i think that would get you close to what you want. unless the treadmill gives you the option to input your demographic info- age, weight etc. hope that helps, at least a little.
  • RaceFan101
    RaceFan101 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks I'll try rounding up to my average speed, I'm trying to look into getting a treadmill that let's me input my info because the one I have is about 7-8 yrs old if not older! lol